Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

She's giving them COOKIES...at BEDTIME!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Good freaking grief. My mom is in town and she chooses BEDTIME to make chocolate chip cookies. It's 9:30 and the girls are upstairs in the media room watching a movie and I've witnessed my min sneak them a cookie up there TWICE! Hello?! Shouldn't mom be freaking consulted??

Nope. She shouldn't be consulted. And I wouldn't have it ANY other way. These special little treats and secrets with Grammy are teeny tiny little memories scattered here and there that my babies will hold close to their hearts. My mom is breaking my strict rules left and right (cookies at bedtime?! Cookies after teeth have been brushed??!!!! Food upstairs?! No, no and HECK no!). And I am so happy she is.

You go, Grammy Jo. I want my kids to have those warm memories of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Lol!! My dad simply said....that wasnt our job!! I said that's fine!! Grandma took me to the donut shop every morning before school for a good two years!!!

Lol

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Amiehart62:

My mom gave my boys cookies for breakfast.....I was pissed that she never gave me cookies for breakfast!! Lol

Oh those parents that were hardasses when we were kids are now old people trying to get into heaven...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Loli sneak my own kids snacks! Bad mommy i know. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmsbowtie
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Lmfao in your face dad!

Quoting Amiehart62:

Lol!! My dad simply said....that wasnt our job!! I said that's fine!! Grandma took me to the donut shop every morning before school for a good two years!!!

Lol

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Amiehart62:

My mom gave my boys cookies for breakfast.....I was pissed that she never gave me cookies for breakfast!! Lol

Oh those parents that were hardasses when we were kids are now old people trying to get into heaven...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

cool! 

best memories

JustCJ
by Charlotte on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM
OMG amen! I hate sanctimonious mothers who complain about stuff like that.

Quoting bmw29:

I love that you have that attitude. :) More people should in my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momavanessa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Cookies!!! My grandma is the same way and I love it!

Binkxo
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

My mommom once woke all her nieces and nephews kids up at 7:00 for breakfast, Ice cream!!! (She drove to their house, let herself in.. and woke the kids up) when her niece came down all she could do was laugh!! Every Time she sees the kids now they ask when its going to happen again! 

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom used to give my kids ice cream for breakfast and let them stay up watching cartoons as long as they wanted.  She's gone now and they treasure those memories.

Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah!! I think he knew! But for me it was a beat that kind of moment:)

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Lmfao in your face dad!

Quoting Amiehart62:

Lol

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Amiehart62:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)