Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How can I tell if it is infected?**Warning**gross photo, DON'T open if you have a weak stomach**

I have an ingrown toenail on my big toe (both sides) anyways, it was hurting so I was able to get it out with some tweezers and fingernail clippers.

But now my toe is red, and extremely sore, I don't know if it is infected and I can't go to the doctor until tuesday, because I have no money until then.

I don't want to post a picture and gross everyone out though haha

So how can I tell if it is infected, and if it is what can I do until tuesday to prevent it from getting really bad?

excuse my fat little sausage toes lmfao

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yep!  I've known several other people with the same name, but no one else who spells it the way I do.  What a small world!  LOL

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

off topic, is your name Tania, that is my name and that is how I spell it too haha

Quoting taniamorse85:

I had an infected ingrown toenail (big toe as well), and I had to have a minor procedure to correct it.  With the redness and pain, it probably is infected.  Take some ibuprofen for the swelling and to keep any fever caused by the infection down.  Also, soak the foot in lukewarm water.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

lmfao

Quoting fatcat0908:

Have you ever smelled some of the stuff you are interested in seeing? Interest wanes quickly when you know the odors that are associated with some of those images.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Am I the only sick & twisted one that hoped for a pic? :-/

Yep. Thought so. *hangs head in shame*

Sorry, it's my overwhelming interest in the medical & dental field that makes me this way. -_-

Anyways, seems you've gotten good advice here. Good night. :)

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM

When I had an ingrown toe nail the doc told me to soak it in epsom salt. Good luck, those damn things are painful!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM

yea, I have never met anyone who spells it the same way either

just curious, were you born in 85? lol this is getting kind of weird if you were, cause I was born in october 1985

Quoting taniamorse85:

Yep!  I've known several other people with the same name, but no one else who spells it the way I do.  What a small world!  LOL

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

off topic, is your name Tania, that is my name and that is how I spell it too haha

Quoting taniamorse85:

I had an infected ingrown toenail (big toe as well), and I had to have a minor procedure to correct it.  With the redness and pain, it probably is infected.  Take some ibuprofen for the swelling and to keep any fever caused by the infection down.  Also, soak the foot in lukewarm water.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

yes they are! but right now half my toe nail is gone on the top and it looks soooo nasty! :(

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

When I had an ingrown toe nail the doc told me to soak it in epsom salt. Good luck, those damn things are painful!

Ashora1990
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM
nope i was hoping for a pic too. but no interest in the medical & dental field, im just sick & twisted lol

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Sorry, it's my overwhelming interest in the medical & dental field that makes me this way. -_-

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Sore is one thing. If it hurts to walk on, feels like a stabbing pain or turns greenish, it's infected. Pour peroxide on it. If it fizzes a lot, it's infected. I had an ingrown for years. It got infected. I guess I was too young to cut my own nails lol

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

lol I think it is infected, but kinda want to show someone who might know to get their opinion

Quoting Ashora1990:

nope i was hoping for a pic too. but no interest in the medical & dental field, im just sick & twisted lol

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

srbeusk
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Bread and milk. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

It hurts all the time and if anything touches it, holy hell it hurts!

I think I see some funny looking color in the picture I took.

Quoting Numom61507:

Sore is one thing. If it hurts to walk on, feels like a stabbing pain or turns greenish, it's infected. Pour peroxide on it. If it fizzes a lot, it's infected. I had an ingrown for years. It got infected. I guess I was too young to cut my own nails lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)