Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How can I tell if it is infected?**Warning**gross photo, DON'T open if you have a weak stomach**

I have an ingrown toenail on my big toe (both sides) anyways, it was hurting so I was able to get it out with some tweezers and fingernail clippers.

But now my toe is red, and extremely sore, I don't know if it is infected and I can't go to the doctor until tuesday, because I have no money until then.

I don't want to post a picture and gross everyone out though haha

So how can I tell if it is infected, and if it is what can I do until tuesday to prevent it from getting really bad?

excuse my fat little sausage toes lmfao

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (81-90):
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Well, they could at least clean it for you and bandage it good, you know?

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

lmfao

I could, but if they gave me a prescription for antibiotics I wouldn't be able to get it filled until tuesday, so I might as well just wait until then to do it all at once

Quoting Mipsy:

How am I supposed to sleep tonight?! Screw your toe damn it! Jk jk, but I do agree with the other moms you should soak it and I would at least go to urgent care tomorrow. Can you do that?

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

lol she hasn't replied back yet

Quoting Mipsy:

Wait wait wait!!! Important question! Did you find out if you and the other girl are long lost twins yet?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by ♥Tinkerbell♥ on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM

yea, that is true, but I don't want to get charged an arm and a leg for the ER to clean and bandage it haha

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

lmfao

I could, but if they gave me a prescription for antibiotics I wouldn't be able to get it filled until tuesday, so I might as well just wait until then to do it all at once

Quoting Mipsy:

How am I supposed to sleep tonight?! Screw your toe damn it! Jk jk, but I do agree with the other moms you should soak it and I would at least go to urgent care tomorrow. Can you do that?

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting Mipsy:

Wait wait wait!!! Important question! Did you find out if you and the other girl are long lost twins yet?!

Jperry86
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Witch hazel. I swear by it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this
*Hugs* I totally understand

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

yea, that is true, but I don't want to get charged an arm and a leg for the ER to clean and bandage it haha

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

lmfao

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by ♥Tinkerbell♥ on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:32 AM

what exactly is that?

Quoting Jperry86:

Witch hazel. I swear by it.

yo_ho
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Mine did too, but they didn't get infected. I had to soak as well, and had the ingrown parts removed, but the damn things grew back! Apparently killing the root at those spots didn't work, but I stopped cutting it down short. I had three ingrown ones, two at once.

Quoting august_baby_09:

Mine use to look like that I had to have my nails removed. Soak it in Epsom salt and get to a doc they can remove part of ur nail so it starts healing. They told me my infection got so bad that it almost went into my blood. Nothing to mess around with.

grey7399
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Nice healthy looking nail though.

I would say its probably infected.  Hubby lanced mine - omg the amount of pus that came out was UNREAL.  it bought me enough relief to get through the weekend and see a doc on tuesday to have it removed.  I'm not really impressed with the job he did.  I think he shredded my nail bed.  

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by ♥Tinkerbell♥ on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

ouch!!

Quoting grey7399:

Nice healthy looking nail though.

I would say its probably infected.  Hubby lanced mine - omg the amount of pus that came out was UNREAL.  it bought me enough relief to get through the weekend and see a doc on tuesday to have it removed.  I'm not really impressed with the job he did.  I think he shredded my nail bed.  

Numom61507
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM

It looks like the start of an infection. I would get some peroxide, then bacitracin then a bandaid on that asap. Keep it covered and wear socks to bed. You don't want it snagging. THAT hurts!

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

It hurts all the time and if anything touches it, holy hell it hurts!

I think I see some funny looking color in the picture I took.

Quoting Numom61507:

Sore is one thing. If it hurts to walk on, feels like a stabbing pain or turns greenish, it's infected. Pour peroxide on it. If it fizzes a lot, it's infected. I had an ingrown for years. It got infected. I guess I was too young to cut my own nails lol

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by ♥Tinkerbell♥ on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:08 AM

I put peroxide and A&D ointment on it, I can't put socks on it, cause it hurts when anything touches it

Quoting Numom61507:

It looks like the start of an infection. I would get some peroxide, then bacitracin then a bandaid on that asap. Keep it covered and wear socks to bed. You don't want it snagging. THAT hurts!

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

It hurts all the time and if anything touches it, holy hell it hurts!

I think I see some funny looking color in the picture I took.

Quoting Numom61507:

Sore is one thing. If it hurts to walk on, feels like a stabbing pain or turns greenish, it's infected. Pour peroxide on it. If it fizzes a lot, it's infected. I had an ingrown for years. It got infected. I guess I was too young to cut my own nails lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)