Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy s*** I just won the lottery (scratch off ticket)!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I really did!!!

A whopping $4!!!! Be jealous! And no.... I'm sorry, I won't share my winnings with anyone...I'm too greedy for that! LOL

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
1busymomma03
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Can I borrow your brother tomorrow? I want to cash in my $4 for some more lottery tickets... LOL

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I don't have good luck. 

If I want to win, I give my little brother (hes' 19), the money and have him play it for me. He has THE greatest luck ever. Like, since he was 3. He would get toys from the claw machine every single time he tried. He would win drawings, raffles, contests. I think it's because he is never greedy and never keeps his winnings. Ever.

m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Bahaha, you were right! When I am around my mom, I get the achy feeling to buy them. LOL IDK why.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I usually don't either. We never actually buy lottery tickets. I honestly don't know what made me want some tonight. I just told DH that I was feeling lucky. LOL

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I don't have good luck. 

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

LOL I wish I could rent his talents. JK I miss him so much. We live in different towns. =(

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Can I borrow your brother tomorrow? I want to cash in my $4 for some more lottery tickets... LOL

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I don't have good luck. 

If I want to win, I give my little brother (hes' 19), the money and have him play it for me. He has THE greatest luck ever. Like, since he was 3. He would get toys from the claw machine every single time he tried. He would win drawings, raffles, contests. I think it's because he is never greedy and never keeps his winnings. Ever.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Aww, I'm sorry. I don't live near my mom, sister or brother either. It sucks sometimes!

Quoting m3lissa_16:

LOL I wish I could rent his talents. JK I miss him so much. We live in different towns. =(

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I don't have good luck. 

indy.mama
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

lol I once won six dollars, I felt spectacular, it's the only one I've ever won!!

m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I know, me too! I have to finish school, though. My mom and 2 of 3 brothers have birthdays this month, it just makes me all sentimental not being around for them.  And my baby sister is having her first baby in July. I would love to be in 10 places at once. LOL

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Aww, I'm sorry. I don't live near my mom, sister or brother either. It sucks sometimes!

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I don't have good luck. 

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

LOL!! I think the most I have ever was was $20. I thought it was pretty awesome. ha!

Quoting indy.mama:

lol I once won six dollars, I felt spectacular, it's the only one I've ever won!!

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel!

Mine and my brother's birthday is this month too! His is 5 days before mine. We always used to celebrate our birthdays on the same day growing up... I miss being able to do that.

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I know, me too! I have to finish school, though. My mom and 2 of 3 brothers have birthdays this month, it just makes me all sentimental not being around for them.  And my baby sister is having her first baby in July. I would love to be in 10 places at once. LOL

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I don't have good luck. 

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Lol!!! Yay! How much did the ticket cost though?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM
I have the worst luck!

I don't even have to play them for them to be loosers. I just have to sell them.

I work at a gas station and I NEVER sell any winners. Maybe a ticket or $3. A guy comes in DAILY...sometimes twice a day and plays hundreds of dollars in scratch-offs. He has the best luck in the mornings, unless I'm there and selling them and when he comes in at night an i sell them...he NEVER wins.

In fact!
I actually tested my theory tonight at work!

I told my co worker to keep track of how many she sold vs. winners (99% of the winners never leave and are back in seconds no matter how small); and I was to do the same and when John (the hundreds of dollar guy) to definitely keep track.

So....she sold 87.
I sold 79

She sold 30 winners even
I sold 16 winners....

John came in...he bought 4 from me...won NOTHING. So he spent $100 (4-$20 tickets) with me.
I told him for fun to pick another $20 one and go to my coworker. He picks 3 of another $20 one and two out of three won!!! One was a $240 winner!!!

I will officially tell ppl not to buy tickets from me ever again if they want to win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)