Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do You Consider a 5yr old a "baby"?

Posted by   + Show Post

my friend is constantly referring to her her 5yr old as "the baby"....when she talks, its, "oH, the baby and i are going to the park", or "i have to take the baby to school"...this child also still had a bottle at 4yrs old as well, didn't talk much cuz her mother talked for her too.......and no, nothing is developmentally wrong with the child, other than being babied way too long...

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Replies (101-110):
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM

my son is 4 and i tell him that he will always be my baby. to which i get the reply "I AM NOT A BABY"

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM
i dont but my mother still thinks my 5yr old is! its annoying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerdy_Mama
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I don't consider my son who is 7 to be a baby and he isn't treated like a baby, however my husband and I are both guilty of still referring to him as our baby.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
My son will soon be 8, and he will be my baby till the day I die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Maybe its bcuz he's the youngest? Idk dd's gpa calls his gfs grandson "the baby", he's like 8.

I surely don't consider a 5yo a baby anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Is the child the youngest? I say "the baby" once in a while but she's definitely not "babied".

splatz
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I know people who do that. Its annoying. My 7 yr old brother is babied like this and still not fully potty trained last I knew..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

After the age of one, you are not a "baby" anymore.  We call them toddlers after that for a reason! cuz they're learning to walk.  Bottles & pacifiers should be gone by age of one too.  Your kids can always be your "babies", but don't treat them like that than they won't learn to grow up & navigate the world and they'll act like babies.   

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
This.

Quoting eve210:

No, I don't even consider my almost 2 yr old a baby anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj_bmom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM

No it's not a baby. My mom still calls me her baby since I'm the youngest girl but we're all her babys forever. However she has never refered to me as a "baby" since i was a baby lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)