Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do You Consider a 5yr old a "baby"?

Posted by   + Show Post

my friend is constantly referring to her her 5yr old as "the baby"....when she talks, its, "oH, the baby and i are going to the park", or "i have to take the baby to school"...this child also still had a bottle at 4yrs old as well, didn't talk much cuz her mother talked for her too.......and no, nothing is developmentally wrong with the child, other than being babied way too long...

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Replies (71-80):
cookiecounter
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I still call my 4 yr old a baby, especially when talking to his father about him. I know he is technically not a baby anymore, but he will always be my baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookiecounter
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I do this with my 4 yr old.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Me - Does the baby have track today

Husband - No

Me - okay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I call my three year old my baby, but in reality I know she's actually a toddler. The 'baby' name is more like a term of endearment now.

andersongirl562
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM

She will always be MY baby, but as far as behaviour and developement no I dont allow my 4.5 yr old to act like a baby!

eastcoastmama11
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Always my baby :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Ugh. I hate that!!! DS is 5 and I hate it when people refer to him as the baby. He's 5. Stop it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Wow - while my children will always be "my babies" - no - I don't ever speak or act that way with my boys!

momto3infl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I didn't consider my kids babies at 2yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I don't consider a 5yr old a baby, or even a toddler anymore.  But is he the baby of the family?  Or her only child?  Usually one of those is why a kid gets babied for so long.  

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Haha, no. I dont consider any child a "baby" past the age of 2, even if they did have a disability. That lady is crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)