Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I know I lot of people who have been told by their parents that they were an accident or that mom didn't have enough money for an abortion. A few times I have read on here that their mom said one of the kids was unwanted. Why would you tell this to a child or adult?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
Nursemommy0f2
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:01 PM
She has 3 kids.

Quoting Nursemommy0f2:

My SO other told me she would have aborted all her kids. But she didn't have enough money.

Quoting BEXi:

Never. How cruel. "I wouldve aborted you if I had the money". Gee thanks Mom and Dad!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennbitt
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Never would I tell my so he was an accident or I couldn't afford an abortion. That's basically saying hey I didn't want u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursemommy0f2
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Really??

Quoting Aslen:

see, if my mama had told that to me (I was planned) I'd have probably told her she should have done both of us a favor and try a rusty hanger

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reesesami
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
My mom was pretty horrible and when she would get mad at me, she would scream that she wished she had aborted me instead. She had an abortion when she was 17 and had me (her oldest) at 22. This, among other behavior on her part, fucked me up a lot. I've had a lot of therapy and am fine now, but I only recently started talking to my mom again after not talking to her for almost 7 years....so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants to have a loving relationship with their child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting sandra_t00:

My son wasn't planned. If he is of appropriate age and asks, he will know he wasn't planned but that he has made me happy and I wouldn't have it any other way

nothing wrong with that

Apples and Oranges. That's not saying, "You were a mistake," or "I would have aborted you if I had had the cash."

lwalker270
by Lara on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Never. My oldest wasn't planned and we told him he was the biggest and best surprise we've ever gotten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I would never say that to my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursemommy0f2
I think thats appropriate though

Quoting sandra_t00:

My son wasn't planned. If he is of appropriate age and asks, he will know he wasn't planned but that he has made me happy and I wouldn't have it any other way

nothing wrong with that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
Hahaha love this reply

Quoting Aslen:

see, if my mama had told that to me (I was planned) I'd have probably told her she should have done both of us a favor and try a rusty hanger

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Yes, yes I would. Saying something to your child, no matter WHAT age that child is, as horrible as, "I wish I'd have aborted you, but I didn't have the cash" warrants that kind of response. 

Quoting Nursemommy0f2:

Really??

Quoting Aslen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)