Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I know I lot of people who have been told by their parents that they were an accident or that mom didn't have enough money for an abortion. A few times I have read on here that their mom said one of the kids was unwanted. Why would you tell this to a child or adult?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
sarahmetz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM
My mom told me she never wanted me that i was an accident. That she just had to deal with me. Whatever right? Thats just stupid to tell your kids that. That scars kids for life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM

my husband was told this. one time when he was younger his parents were fighting and they threatened eachother w/ divorce. his parents started arguing about who got what child. and when his dad claimed him his mom yelled that he never wanted him. when my husband asked his mom what she meant she told him when his dad found out about him, he told his mom she needed to get an abortion. that he didn't want anymore children. she refused and he eventually came around. he has 5 children. 4 daughters. and my husband, his 1 son. once he found out my husband was a boy, he was happy and excited. he just didn't want another daughter. but it still hurts my husband that his dad initially didn't want him and was pushing his mom to abort him. my husband and his dad have always had a rocky relationship. and that little information certainly didn't help things.

AnotherPutra
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM

No, I would never tell my children such a thing. Though, one of my old friends said that she was concieved after her father got snipped. And my own mother told me that she was in such bad shape, that she was planning to abort me, but decided to put me up for adoption instead, but when I was born she named me and changed her mind completely.

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
My dd was planned. Ds was planned but not for when we had him. We planned to try to get pregnant with him when he was born so he was born 9 months early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leslieOli
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom said that I was a wonderful surprise. I'll take it. My dd was a wonderful surprise also but all she needs to know is that she is wonderful.

EDDES
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM

no that is just plain stupid and crueleye rolling

EDDES
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I have met some idiots that have told their children that they were accidents.

Some people have the class and the common sense of a Cockroach that is why they are so unhappy they just want to spread it around.sarcasmIgnorance is a Real Kick in the Head and misery loves company.

MaKaylaMommy11
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

SMH, If their child wasn't wanted [or isnt wanted] they shouldn't have been laid up making a baby. some ppl r so lowdown at times. 

Alexis.
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting kayandjsmom:

I would never tell my kids there were not wanted or that I didn't have abortion money because that's not true. But it's true that they were not planned and I won't lie about that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My mom said I was a birth control baby.  Found out the weekend I most likely was conceived, she had forgotten her pills and had to double up the following Monday.

She said my father wanted her to abort me.

My father said she wanted to abort me.

Honestly, I don't really care.  It doesn't bother me.  For all I know, they both wanted me gone.  That's just life.  They were young.

My daughter wasn't unwanted, but she wasn't exactly planned.  Husband was disappointed she was a girl (he had two from a previous marriage) and asked me if I was too far along to abort and then try for a boy.  I was almost 5 months along by that point. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)