Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

About the ghetto names post....

Posted by   + Show Post
Ive never thought of my childrens names to be ghetto....but it might be my opinion and others may think that they are....

My oldest sons name is Jaiden Makhi
Youngest sons name is Jordan Raul
And daughters name is Lianayah Jaylin

You pronounce my daughters name as Lee-ah-nigh-ah and middle name is Jay-lean...

Whats your opinion? Do they sound ghetto...what is ghetto in your opinion? Feel free to post your childrens name and get feed back. This is just a fun post my feelings wont be hurt either way but its interesting to see other ppls views.

Happy posting everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
randomosityblog
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I would consider your dd's first name to be ghetto...here(in my town at least).

I consider ghetto names as some funky names that seem like someone took a name & added to it. Like Ladaysha, latondra, ja'keim, la'precious, La'meka, To'meka. Shoniqua (pretty much anything that ends in QUA, "ot every thing tho)

haha I started singing those names to the tune of "freak a leek".

jobo
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Its not then names so much for me its the spelling...like this woman spelled her daughters name La - sha.... You say it like this. La dash sha...I think thats crazy. Jmo
singlemom1208
Very cute! When I think of ghetto names, I think of things like Hennesy, Merecades (sp?), diamond, princess, ect..

Quoting jaiden615:

Surprisingly enough I havent had too much of a problem with it...and when I have and pronounce it for them they say its beautiful we usually just call her Lia though

Quoting singlemom1208:

Jaiden and Jordan are common. I wouldn't want your girls name just because I would always be spelling it and pronouncing it to people. But anyway, ghetto? No

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaiden615
Thanks!

Quoting Vicious_fairy:

I love your daughters name.

I dOnt post my kids names online though lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
They aren't ghetto. She'll probably have issues with people pronouncing her name wrong. I know that people can't say my name right. My name is very simple too! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM
We call that ghetto spelling here lol.

I went to work with a girl named Nilka....O.o surprizingly this country accented white girl was the only one who was able to pronounce it right, yet I worked with mostly black women

Quoting wissotamum:

The names are fine.  I get frustrated when people have unique spellings for their kids' names and then get uspet when it gets mispronounced.  Unique spellings are fine.  Getting pissed at me isn't cool.

If your kid's name is "Mary" and you spell it "Maehrryiee", don't get all worked up when I sound like a moron trying to sound it out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Honestly? Because I don't want to insult your Kid's names. Well you asked, Lianayah, no idea how that would be pronounced if you didn't tell me and well, I guess it would be considered ghetto by most.

T-HoneyLuv
One of my best friends is named Tamika. Its spelled different than how you have it spelled but I wouldn't call it ghetto. Its an African-American name and its quite common.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I would consider your dd's first name to be ghetto...here(in my town at least).

I consider ghetto names as some funky names that seem like someone took a name & added to it. Like Ladaysha, latondra, ja'keim, la'precious, La'meka, To'meka. Shoniqua (pretty much anything that ends in QUA, "ot every thing tho)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
Ladasha...however that lady spelled it "Cause the dash don't be silent" THAT'S ghetto. Your kids' names are fine. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM
My girls are
Audrianna Haven
Katerina Edelia
Illyana Nikole
Natalya Kaelynn
I don't think my girls names are ghetto but Ive heard they are weird

The boys names are pretty normal and common but the girls name seems very complicated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN