Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moving Again - The 20th Time In 14 Years --Update--

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 307 Replies
24 moms liked this
Thankfully, we are moving for the last time!

We are closing on some land and a little trailer next week. It's not much, but we will own it outright! We will save what would be rent payments to put toward building a house in a few years!

My kids are excited that soon they'll have a house, yard, chickens, and rabbits (the last 2 for food). We also know a church member who sells raw milk ($2 a gallon too).

UPDATE - We close on Friday morning!!!

--New Update--

Kind of. LOL

The owner lives in UT. We are buying in MO. They FedExd the paperwork for the owners to sign, including an overnight FedEx envelope. They told them to mail it yesterday, so it would be here today. They mailed it today. 😖

We did our part of the paperwork and gave our cashiers check for the property. They should have the paperwork Monday. The title co will hold onto the check until all paperwork is done. We should have it Monday.

We bought mainly for the lot. The trailer (which isn't real pretty and needs a lot of work) will be temporary until we build our place in a few years.

Pict on page 27

**Update**
We closed on Monday the 23rd. It's ours. :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Sweet! We would love to do something like that eventually. 

Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM
9 moms liked this
That's awesome! Don't try to put it down like it's not much. It's a lot bc a lot of people can't say they can do that. I can't in still renting. You should be super proud!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

CONGRATUlATIONS...I'm green with envy..Eventually we'll get some land too...Gotta save up the down payment...i dream of having chickens,ducks,rabbbits,a pig,goats,turkeys...On and on. I'm sooo EXCITED for you...

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank you! It is just huge news for us!

We've wanted this for so long. I prayed on Tuesday to be led to where we need to be. On Wed we found this place. Today they accepted our offer. :D

Quoting Justine1123:

That's awesome! Don't try to put it down like it's not much. It's a lot bc a lot of people can't say they can do that. I can't in still renting. You should be super proud!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I am way happy to be able to line dry my cloth diapers again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this

That is horrible that the chickens and rabbits are going to be used for food. 

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM
19 moms liked this
It's healthier than the meat pumped full of hormones in the store. They'll have a much happier life than those animals too.

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Is there a certain breed of rabbits for food usage?  I can not imagine eating rabbits but I am presuming for now they take up less room and maintenance than cows, sheep, or goats.

Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

We do the chickens and rabbits for food too.  MMMmmmmm....  :0)  New Zealand Whites are a good breed to use for meat.

Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Why? 

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)