Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you have helped him? *Updated*

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 50 Replies

I won't share who I was in this yet, just want a general opinion.

Okay, you're at a park with a playground with your kid. A little boy, who looks about 3 or 4, is trying to climb up these awkward steps to get on the playset. He gets scared about halfway up, but is too nervous to climb back down so he's stuck and he starts crying and saying "Down! Down!"
Boy's mom had another little one nearby and was coming to his rescue (and calling his name to let him know she was coming), but you're just 2 feet away from the boy.

Would you help him down or wait til mom got to him (while he was crying)?

EDIT:

Thank you ladies!

I was actually the boy's mom.
My son is 3, and my youngest turns 1 tomorrow. We were at a park Friday with my sister, it has a splash park area and right next to the splash area is a play set. The play set is fenced in so you can only get in at one area.
I had my 11-month old in my arms of course, we were playing in the water with my 3-year old when he walks away from us (no big deal, not many people and it's an open area plus everyone's kids are running "free" in the splash area.)
He was heading in the direction of the playset, which was fine, i could see him no matter where i was. I just had to grab our stroller & diaper bag which took me a few extra seconds since I had the baby.
He made it to the playset right before I could start heading toward him so he was a good 20-30 seconds behind him. I saw him start to climb the steps and immediately knew he wouldn't make it to the top and that's when he stopped halfway and started crying. I couldn't get to him any faster since I had to walk around the fence but I yelled to him that I was coming and went as fast as I could.
There was another mom standing just 2 or 3 feet away from him. She was doing nothing but did have her cell in her hands.
She looked at him, or in his direction, and completely turned around.
I don't know if it was a coincidence but I was a little hurt she didn't offer to help him since it was clear he wanted to get down.
I got to him like 10 seconds later & he was fine...I definitely did not say anything to her, she's not to blame for anything; just made me wonder if I was being silly for being disappointed that she didn't want to help him.

My sister was getting our lunch at the time or she would've gone right with him.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisboog
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I would help him.

lifeisboog
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would ask him if he wanted help before helping him though.
hayliedlr
by JoJoBean on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM

yeah I would help

Mrz.Anaya
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Id help him down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I would help him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I would have helped.

twinmom114
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs_sunshine
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I'd help too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I would help.
turtle07
by Rhiannon on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM

yes i would help him.. or atleast stand right beside him and hold his hand or just talk to him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)