Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's your favorite euphemism for the VULVA?

For those of you who are teaching your kids the generic "girls have a vagina", you ARE teaching them that the proper term for the entire package is vulva and not vagina, right?

The vulva is the correct term for the outside parts as a collective whole.

The vagina is the correct term for the "collective hole".  

You're welcome.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (541-550):
little_buggie
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

You're a jack ass to make assumptions.  Let's review what I said exactly "it will remain that way till she is around the age of starting puberty and it's necessary OR when she asks about sex."
Do you see that little word in there OR?  That means I will explain this stuff to her when she is getting ready to start puberty (around the age of 9) OR when she asks about sex be that come PRIOR to her becoming pubescent.  I am sorry I didn't SPELL that out for you.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

I said nothing about telling a 6 year old about sex. I said it's sad that you don't talk to her about her own body and that you are going to wait for her to come to you about sex. What if that isn't until she is 12, 13, 15? With that attitude, her friends will get to her long before you will and you can pretty much hang it up after that. Like I said.... Good luck with that.

Quoting little_buggie:

SHE'S SIX YOU MORON!!!  WHY AM I GOIGN TO PUSH MY DAUGHTER TO GROW UP SHE WILL ASK LONG BEFORE I AM READY!!! DON'T ASSUME I AM AFFRAID, I AM NOT JUST AS I HAD A COMPLETELY OPEN RELATIONSHIP WIHT MY MOM I HAVE ONE WITH MY DAUGHTER BUT I AM NOT GOING TO TELL HER ABOUT SEX BEFORE SHE'S READY!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Good luck with that. I find it sad that parents are afraid to talk to their children about their own bodies. I find it even more sad that you will wait until SHE asks YOU about sex, to talk to her about it. Bleh.

Quoting little_buggie:

I feel it is completely unecessary to teach her what  all the pieces are calld and what they are for, it is collectively her nani and it will remain that way till she is around the age of starting puberty and it's necessary OR when she asks about sex.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting little_buggie:

my daughter is 6 and I am not teaching her the anatomy of the VAGINA yet, it is just a nani

May I ask why?

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I still stand by what I said.  You aren't getting my point. You stated that it isn't necessary for her to know the anatomy of her vagina right now(which is crazy) and you won't bother with it until she hits puberty or asks about sex. My point is that you shouldn't wait to talk to your child about their bodies. It's very important for them to know about their bodies way before that and you have no idea when she will hit puberty. It may not be at age 9. She may be a late bloomer. You just never know and waiting to have THE talk is ignorant. Sex education should start at age 2 and it should start with the anatomy of their bodies, then go to the difference between boys and girls and go from there. Again.... Good luck with that. The more kids know, the better off they are and kids who are knowledgeable are more likely to refrain from having sex at a young age and having unprotected sex and even being promiscuous. It's not my opinion, either. It's cold hard facts. But hey, your kid your problem. You go ahead and take that chance. Knowing about the anatomy of their bodies IS part of sex education, but apparently, you are more concerned with calling people names than learning anything. Have a good day.

Quoting little_buggie:

You're a jack ass to make assumptions.  Let's review what I said exactly "it will remain that way till she is around the age of starting puberty and it's necessary OR when she asks about sex."
Do you see that little word in there OR?  That means I will explain this stuff to her when she is getting ready to start puberty (around the age of 9) OR when she asks about sex be that come PRIOR to her becoming pubescent.  I am sorry I didn't SPELL that out for you.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

I said nothing about telling a 6 year old about sex. I said it's sad that you don't talk to her about her own body and that you are going to wait for her to come to you about sex. What if that isn't until she is 12, 13, 15? With that attitude, her friends will get to her long before you will and you can pretty much hang it up after that. Like I said.... Good luck with that.

Quoting little_buggie:

SHE'S SIX YOU MORON!!!  WHY AM I GOIGN TO PUSH MY DAUGHTER TO GROW UP SHE WILL ASK LONG BEFORE I AM READY!!! DON'T ASSUME I AM AFFRAID, I AM NOT JUST AS I HAD A COMPLETELY OPEN RELATIONSHIP WIHT MY MOM I HAVE ONE WITH MY DAUGHTER BUT I AM NOT GOING TO TELL HER ABOUT SEX BEFORE SHE'S READY!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Good luck with that. I find it sad that parents are afraid to talk to their children about their own bodies. I find it even more sad that you will wait until SHE asks YOU about sex, to talk to her about it. Bleh.

Quoting little_buggie:

I feel it is completely unecessary to teach her what  all the pieces are calld and what they are for, it is collectively her nani and it will remain that way till she is around the age of starting puberty and it's necessary OR when she asks about sex.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting little_buggie:

my daughter is 6 and I am not teaching her the anatomy of the VAGINA yet, it is just a nani

May I ask why?

little_buggie
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

ok first of all she knows that the nani is a vagina also called by some simply a pee pee and some a coocah, some shorten it to VAG.  But I do not feel the need to disect the vagina and tell her what it's for etc etc, she knows enough from TV, she knows babies come out of it and that she should tell me if anyone touches her there because it's a private spot. She knows boys have a different annatomy and it's called a penis and if a boy shows her his she needs to tell because it's HIS private area.  My sis year old is innocent and I will let her remain innocent, I suppose I should tell her santa, the easter bunny and tooth fairy arent' real too huh?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I still stand by what I said.  You aren't getting my point. You stated that it isn't necessary for her to know the anatomy of her vagina right now(which is crazy) and you won't bother with it until she hits puberty or asks about sex. My point is that you shouldn't wait to talk to your child about their bodies. It's very important for them to know about their bodies way before that and you have no idea when she will hit puberty. It may not be at age 9. She may be a late bloomer. You just never know and waiting to have THE talk is ignorant. Sex education should start at age 2 and it should start with the anatomy of their bodies, then go to the difference between boys and girls and go from there. Again.... Good luck with that. The more kids know, the better off they are and kids who are knowledgeable are more likely to refrain from having sex at a young age and having unprotected sex and even being promiscuous. It's not my opinion, either. It's cold hard facts. But hey, your kid your problem. You go ahead and take that chance. Knowing about the anatomy of their bodies IS part of sex education, but apparently, you are more concerned with calling people names than learning anything. Have a good day.

Quoting little_buggie:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

Quoting little_buggie:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting little_buggie:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting little_buggie:

May I ask why?

momkelly2
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM

yeah..  I  don't tend to lead with that information.. 

though when I hear women complaining about getting a pap or annual exam.. I often explain that if it makes them feel better,  I have to get two!    yeah.. try explaining that to the insurance company..     I have paid for the extra for a couple of years, until I got tired of wasting my money on something that isn't my fault... and fought the insurance company year after year after year.    this will be my first regular annual with out  any cervices,  so we shall see...  

the uteri are.... were functional.. so they both bled.   at about 26 or 27 I started to have gaps..  and we weren't sure why..  (I didn't know yet)  like 2 or 3 days clean and my period would start again..we didn't know why so the dr put me on BC and that kept them together.    After that I met my DH and we got married so I was on BC except when TTC  so they were together.  

my current gyn..   she came in to see me after seeing my ultra sound.. and said   "you're fancy!..   did you know you were fancy?"   lol   I said yes..   and the story repeats.   lol  

both were functional carried  DD in the right, DS in the left.   Apparently a rare function.  usually one works the other not so much.     funny story..  with DD  the right uterus was pregnant but the left cervix showed pregnant. another mystery.... then  just found out 2ys ago, cause no one told me.. there was a twist left cervix went to right uterus...  :0    another mystery solved!!     and God's blessing was    my DD was premature and breech..   automatic C-section..  and thank God for it.     as my current GYN explained had I ever tried to deliver either of my kids we would have lost one or both of us.    ya think someone would have mentioned this during 2 c-sections..   but noooooo   apparently not so much.  

lol  it is quite a story!

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I love it.  It's definitely a conversation starter.  (Though I doubt you greet people with this information.  "Hi, I'm Catherine. I have two vaginas, one vulva and I'm a whole lotta woman!"  lol.)

That would explain a ton of your questions, no doubt! 

Now I have one.  Did you get two separate periods or were both uteruses on the same cycle.  That would've been a pain in the ass.  Well, maybe not the ass...

Eh, you know what I mean.

Quoting momkelly2:

well first my DH Discovered it ..    he put two fingers up there..  fore play and all..  and there was something between his fingers!   Freaked him out a little...  but he didn't run..    I thought he was crazy..  then when to my GYN.. and that time.. no other she found the same thing and said "are there two?"   to which I asked to of what.?    shesaid lay back and I'll tell you in a minute..  finished her exam and  then explained. 

i am 57 now..   so I've known for a little less than 30 years.. ha ha ..  but ..   have to say its been quite a ride.    I couldn't get tampons in for the longest time.     a friend said you have to push past the pain.. but it wasn't so much pain as there was something in the way..  I was hitting the septum that divided the vagina.      one time I got one in..   yay..  or so I thought..  but  then I had half the tampon soiled and half the pad..  and they were opposite sides.. so how did that happen???    little freaked out.. but no one knew.   needless to say my tampon days were short...   okay day   one day it didn't work so why bother...

once I knew..  man it was like wow.. so that is why..  lol     answered many questions..   my DH is and was my first  and in my situation I am glad I waited.  no one would have been as kind and good as he was.   taking his time  (several times) before we were all in so to speak..    I bled for the first month..   because the septum tore each time until it hit where they divide into different directions.    once we hit the fork in the road it stopped tearing and it stopped hurting.    

lots of funny stories..   memories..  and  laughs..   it has been quite a ride..   ha ha ha

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Dude.  That's freaking fascinating!  If you don't mind me asking, how did you not know you had two vaginas?  Oh, the questions this poses! 

Quoting momkelly2:

ha ha ... no one hysterectomy..   two overies, two uteri, two cervices and two vaginas.  I still have the Vaginas  the rest came out.   I carried my DD in the right uterus and my DS in the left.   kind of a rare condition.. but not unheard of.   mine was really rare because the division was so complete and they both worked.     though there are other women who are like me.   just not many of us.     the kids kind of grew up knowing because it was part of the family stories.  we weren't embarased about it.   and  it was talked about  at times.  and if the kids were there .. we didn't shun them away.. 

for me who could have explained that one to me as a child..   who knew..   I was 29 when I found out I had two of everything..    but learning that explained a few mysteries I had growing up..  lol

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I'll bite.  Two hysterectomies?  Whaaaa?

Quoting momkelly2:

I kind of agree with  "private parts"..  until they are older.  

not sure we called it anything when I was growing up.    by the time I was 9 we were learning about it all in school anyway..   and that was soon enough..  when it was time to teach my DD about it we sat down and had a talk about what things were.   We still called them private parts in general.   she is now 26  and unless necessary..   it is still her private parts.  to be honest I don't need to know more than that at her age it is her business.     my DS is 23..   and I don't need to know much more than his private parts either.   and they seriously don't need to know about mine.      

nothing was hidden from them..  when I had my hysterectomy they knew why and what..  and that I had two (yes I said two) and they knew that also...  nothing was a big hush hush seceret..    but they don't need to know details when they are little and I don't need to know details now that they are grown.    if there is a problem.. then we can talk.. but  for general purposes..   private parts suits me fine.

ha ha

Catherine 
There is no MD after my name..  
 I am just a mom with years of experience raising ADHD kids.... LOL

ErikaRobin
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

You ARE fancy!   That's hilarious to put it that way.  I love your sense of humor!  

Quoting momkelly2:

though when I hear women complaining about getting a pap or annual exam.. I often explain that if it makes them feel better,  I have to get two!    yeah.. try explaining that to the insurance company..     I have paid for the extra for a couple of years, until I got tired of wasting my money on something that isn't my fault... and fought the insurance company year after year after year.    this will be my first regular annual with out  any cervices,  so we shall see...  

the uteri are.... were functional.. so they both bled.   at about 26 or 27 I started to have gaps..  and we weren't sure why..  (I didn't know yet)  like 2 or 3 days clean and my period would start again..we didn't know why so the dr put me on BC and that kept them together.    After that I met my DH and we got married so I was on BC except when TTC  so they were together.  

my current gyn..   she came in to see me after seeing my ultra sound.. and said   "you're fancy!..   did you know you were fancy?"   lol   I said yes..   and the story repeats.   lol  

both were functional carried  DD in the right, DS in the left.   Apparently a rare function.  usually one works the other not so much.     funny story..  with DD  the right uterus was pregnant but the left cervix showed pregnant. another mystery.... then  just found out 2ys ago, cause no one told me.. there was a twist left cervix went to right uterus...  :0    another mystery solved!!     and God's blessing was    my DD was premature and breech..   automatic C-section..  and thank God for it.     as my current GYN explained had I ever tried to deliver either of my kids we would have lost one or both of us.    ya think someone would have mentioned this during 2 c-sections..   but noooooo   apparently not so much.  

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I love it.  It's definitely a conversation starter.  (Though I doubt you greet people with this information.  "Hi, I'm Catherine. I have two vaginas, one vulva and I'm a whole lotta woman!"  lol.)

Now I have one.  Did you get two separate periods or were both uteruses on the same cycle.  That would've been a pain in the ass.  Well, maybe not the ass...

Quoting momkelly2:

well first my DH Discovered it ..    he put two fingers up there..  fore play and all..  and there was something between his fingers!   Freaked him out a little...  but he didn't run..    I thought he was crazy..  then when to my GYN.. and that time.. no other she found the same thing and said "are there two?"   to which I asked to of what.?    shesaid lay back and I'll tell you in a minute..  finished her exam and  then explained. 

i am 57 now..   so I've known for a little less than 30 years.. ha ha ..  but ..   have to say its been quite a ride.    I couldn't get tampons in for the longest time.     a friend said you have to push past the pain.. but it wasn't so much pain as there was something in the way..  I was hitting the septum that divided the vagina.      one time I got one in..   yay..  or so I thought..  but  then I had half the tampon soiled and half the pad..  and they were opposite sides.. so how did that happen???    little freaked out.. but no one knew.   needless to say my tampon days were short...   okay day   one day it didn't work so why bother...

once I knew..  man it was like wow.. so that is why..  lol     answered many questions..   my DH is and was my first  and in my situation I am glad I waited.  no one would have been as kind and good as he was.   taking his time  (several times) before we were all in so to speak..    I bled for the first month..   because the septum tore each time until it hit where they divide into different directions.    once we hit the fork in the road it stopped tearing and it stopped hurting.    

lots of funny stories..   memories..  and  laughs..   it has been quite a ride..   ha ha ha

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Dude.  That's freaking fascinating!  If you don't mind me asking, how did you not know you had two vaginas?  Oh, the questions this poses! 

Quoting momkelly2:

ha ha ... no one hysterectomy..   two overies, two uteri, two cervices and two vaginas.  I still have the Vaginas  the rest came out.   I carried my DD in the right uterus and my DS in the left.   kind of a rare condition.. but not unheard of.   mine was really rare because the division was so complete and they both worked.     though there are other women who are like me.   just not many of us.     the kids kind of grew up knowing because it was part of the family stories.  we weren't embarased about it.   and  it was talked about  at times.  and if the kids were there .. we didn't shun them away.. 

for me who could have explained that one to me as a child..   who knew..   I was 29 when I found out I had two of everything..    but learning that explained a few mysteries I had growing up..  lol

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting momkelly2:

not sure we called it anything when I was growing up.    by the time I was 9 we were learning about it all in school anyway..   and that was soon enough..  when it was time to teach my DD about it we sat down and had a talk about what things were.   We still called them private parts in general.   she is now 26  and unless necessary..   it is still her private parts.  to be honest I don't need to know more than that at her age it is her business.     my DS is 23..   and I don't need to know much more than his private parts either.   and they seriously don't need to know about mine.      

nothing was hidden from them..  when I had my hysterectomy they knew why and what..  and that I had two (yes I said two) and they knew that also...  nothing was a big hush hush seceret..    but they don't need to know details when they are little and I don't need to know details now that they are grown.    if there is a problem.. then we can talk.. but  for general purposes..   private parts suits me fine.

ha ha

I hate this kind of signature.  No one ever really reads them.   Changing the font color doesn't make me seem more interesting.  I love pizza so much I want to marry it,  I blog at RandomNinja-Writer of Wrongs.  You want to follow it.   I remember who shot J.R. and where Mork was from.  Stop reading thisI don't hear voices as much as I hear rounds of applause and take a bow in the middle of a sentence.  I root for the Steelers and the Crimson Tide and I toot for the beans they make me do so.  You're really bad at following directions, aren't you?  I read lips and know some sign language.  Yes, that one, too.  If you're still reading this, smack yourself in the head with a tack hammer.   I believe in the boogeyman and have danced with the devil in the pale moonlight I support polyesbianism, my motto is "the more the merrier".  I believe all people are created equal but some are just more fun to be with.  I have only lived in Iowa and Wisconsin and I love corn and cheese.  I've never tipped a cow more than 15%.  If you've made it this far, you clearly have enough time on your hands to read it again. Feel free to use the tack hammer this time.

Schortee
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I actually didn't think about that. And my daughter learned vagina only. Never a nickname. It's funny how now that shes 13 we dance around the word. But since she could talk it's been "vagina, vagina, vagina". LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crystalribap
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
My kids call theirs a "turtle"!!
phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM
This is the best thing I have ever read on here. (Sorry erika).

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You ARE fancy!   That's hilarious to put it that way.  I love your sense of humor!  

Quoting momkelly2:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting momkelly2:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting momkelly2:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting momkelly2:

ha ha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twoblues
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys are almost three. As of right now, they both have a "winkle". Before they start kindergarten, we'll transition to "penis". I seriously doubt we're causing irreparable damage.
Kris2012
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM

i did not know that......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN