Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This little girl is in danger! Please help!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 57 Replies

First off, I have permission from the parents and who made this facebook page to post this here. We want this information to get out to anyone and everyone so something can get done. This is my step-niece.

I posted about this last week and this is more information and details about the case. This little girl is being abused by her step-dad and NO ONE who has the power to do something is doing anything about it. Please, go to the link and like this facebook page to get the word out. If you feel inclined to do so make a call to the local CPS workers and commissioners from Washington listed on the FB page to try to get something done. Or if you have any information or advice on what we can do please let us know. If anything keep this bumped. https://www.facebook.com/many.voices.for.emily 

This is a picture of the bruise across her face where she was hit and it doesn't even show how bad it really was. This is a picture taken while she was playing with other kids and just so happened to pick up the bruise on her cheek.

This is the letter posted on the facebook page her step-mother wrote about what happened and how this little girl was let down in so many ways.

To CPS, Police, Media, Public, and Anyone Caring About This Little Girl!

Early Easter weekend my 5 year old step-daughter was hit in the face by her step-father. She came to my house on Friday night with a long mark on her face (which turned out to be broken blood vessels) and just acting a little odd. Her mother said it was a rash. We asked her what happened and she kept saying “I don’t know, I don’t remember”. The next day the bruising started and progressed so much that her whole right side of her face was bruised. We asked again, and she said she didn’t remember but was so withdrawn we began worrying and wondering what had happened. We decided that she was going to need to be looked at and we were scared as to what happened.

Sunday morning we were getting ready for Easter breakfast, she was in the bathroom getting ready with me and she says “I think I remember what happened” and I asked what she meant and she said the owie on her face, she remembered what happened. She then told me “Brian (stepdad) hit me there”. I sat and hugged her and asked her what happened again and she told me a little more detail about what had happened. She kept repeating “Don’t tell Brian K, he told me not to tell”. By then I’m fighting back tears, me and my husband had auntie and grandparents look at it and they all agreed she needed to go to the ER asap.

We took her in, she got looked at and talked to a social worker, and then police were called and she talked to them too. She was put into Police Protective Custody and placed in our home. Her mother and step-father showed up at our home late that night demanding her and cops were called. We showed police all our paperwork and explained what happened and they were eventually told to leave. We had restraining orders put in place against mom and step-dad per CPS advise. CPS came out that Monday morning to check on her and make sure she was in a safe place.

Thursday morning at 630am I was home with her and my 2 children and the sheriff came and picked her up pending a Habeus Corpus hearing with a commissioner at the court house. She was put into police custody until the hearing. With 2 hours notice of the hearing my husband came home from work and we met the sheriff and the mom there with her attorney. We were told we would have this commissioner and at last minute after her attorney showed up, we suddenly had a different commissioner. This commissioner didn’t look at any paperwork. Not the CPS letter, the social worker notes saying she was scared of telling anymore detail due to fear of consequences, police reports, NOTHING! He heard from her attorney first even though my husband was the petitioner. He then talked to my husband and refused any paperwork or pictures. He then ruled that my 5 year old stepdaughter was to return to her mother’s home with her step-father and they would be allowed to move and take her out of state. We would get no visit with her, step-father could do as he pleased, and they were free to go. All restraints were dissolved and this poor girl was to be picked up by the very person who hit her so hard on her face she still had the marks a week later!

I am outraged at what is happening to her or where she is and I want to know who will stand up for her? Who can protect her when everyone else fails her? We were protecting her and now we can’t. We will be appealing the courts decision but that doesn’t change the fact that this monster was allowed to take her! Her own mother never asked how she was, how badly she was hurt, and she never once asked her husband to leave for the safety of her child. When she came home and saw the marks on her face when it first happened, and then brought her to our house for our time with her, she made excuses. This is unacceptable and something needs to be done to make sure she is safe! Someone needs to get off their butts and protect this child instead of assuming someone else will. Between the police, courts, and CPS they all assume the other will handle this. Every person who has seen her has commented on how bad it looks, and how they can’t believe after a week that the marks are still so clear. We are currently motioning the courts for a review because this commissioner made the wrong decision and a child is paying the price because of this. There is currently a criminal investigation against the step-father but it hasn’t been to prosecutors yet. There is also a CPS investigation, with nothing being done yet.

I AM BEGGING EVERYONE, DO SOMETHING NOW!

This child is from WA and is being moved to CO and needs people everywhere to know what is happening. Her step-father either is or was in the military and has many guns and other weapons in the home.

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Terra3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Bump

ProudMom9799
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM

BUMP!

AlmostFamous
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM
This is heartbreaking.

Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Nicoli on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If he is in the military take your information to his CO  contact the base he is moving to and contact his CO there as well... I live in colorado .. Not sure what I can do but that is some horrible bullshit.. poor girl

lizzie_8690
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love_me4ever
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
sometimes people are so ignorant and act like their in a third world foreign country,.if you know the man, the mom etc you could report this easily, the child.can be taken to a psycologist and analyzed,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terra3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Thank you! We are working on finding out this information. No one is sure whether he is still active in the military or not though, so we don't know if anything can be done, but we are trying to find out. 

Quoting Nikki286:

If he is in the military take your information to his CO  contact the base he is moving to and contact his CO there as well... I live in colorado .. Not sure what I can do but that is some horrible bullshit.. poor girl

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM

bump

bec94
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Good luck. I really hope you can get the girl out of that home!

Quoting Terra3:

Thank you! We are working on finding out this information. No one is sure whether he is still active in the military or not though, so we don't know if anything can be done, but we are trying to find out. 

Quoting Nikki286:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening. Fight it! BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)