Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Natural delivery VS. being induced......

Posted by   + Show Post

have any of you ladies experienced both? my first DD i had naturally, and with this pregnancy, my doc is inducing me at 39 weeks. im curious to know if any one has been through both, and what the differences were. so, share opinions, thoughts stories ect!

thanks ladies!!!

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
PinkieRed
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I was induced with both of my pregnancies. My water broke at 38 weeks, with my first pregnancy, my daughter, and at work, too! But I was not having contractions, so the doctor induced. I had a long, incredibly painful labor and delivery. I got to the hospital about 3:30PM, but didn't have her until nearly noon the next day. I had two epidurals, and was still in terrible pain, I think partly because she came out face first, rather than head first. I pushed for literally 3 hours before she came out.

With my second pregnancy, with my son, 5 years later, I asked my doctor to induce me, as I had made it to 41 weeks, and he was still showing no sign of coming anytime soon. He scheduled the induction, and I had an easy, relatively quick, and so much less painful labor and delivery. I went in about 7AM to be induced, and had him about 1PM. Once I had the epidural, I had no pain until it was time to push, and I only pushed for an hour.

Some women say being induced makes contractions stronger, but I don't think that's necessarily true. It really think it depends on the woman, and the individual circumstances of the labor.

dawnjohnson5
by Vodka on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:55 PM
It was a faster more painful labor.
mrssmitley1210
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I was induced with my first 3 and had a c section with my 4 but I was already in labor. I hit over 4 cm dialated without feeling it with my 4th. I started feeling them kinda painfully right before I went into my c section. My inductions I was in a lot more pain and my contractions were really fast and off the charts

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I was induced with my first and I went natural with my 2nd. I had a horrible experience being induced it took forever it was painful and then I ended up with a epi plus they basically just drugged me up to wanna sleep in the end it took me 3hrs to push her out and they had to use a vacuum extraction because I was so loopy and exhausted I couldn't push her out on my own. With my 2nd I went into labor at 39 weeks I stayed 3cm for 3 days and even though they said they would induce me to get me along I wanted to do it on my own, I went into for a nst for all 3 days but I got to do it at home. On the 3rd day I was finally at 4cm and went into the hospital, I labored for 12hrs at the hospital no drugs got to walk around and take a bath. No drugs nothing. I pushed her out in 2 pushes and was able to walk around right away. I wouldn't even have been against the epi but because I didn't pitocin my contractions were actually not that bad till the end then I just kept telling myself a little longer. If you already did a natural labor I don't see why you wouldn't do it again. I'd try to avoid being induced if you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

First time I was 40 weeks and 6cm when I got to the L&D got an epi  and it only took 1 hr 50 mins to get to 10cms. I was induced with DD at 39 weeks 6 days had been 3cm 75% effaced for 3 weeks before induction. I was put on pitocin aka pit drip aka the devil lol , had an epi an hr later, was in labor for over 15 hrs.

poietes
by Laura on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:06 PM

My first was natural my 2nd and 3rd were induced and the inductions were easier for me than the natural, however in general all of my labors were fairly easy.

shaedog3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:09 PM

thanks for the feed-back ladies!!

ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I had an induction with my DD 5 days late cuz she had a low heartrate and I think the contraction pains DIDN't hurt as bad as when i had my last son 2 days late he came on his own... owie... but maybe contractions get worse with each kid cuz it sure seems like it lol

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I had both. 1st DS was natural and the whole labor and delivery progress took 10 hours without pain meds. He also came 4 days before his due date.
DS2 was induced, cuz he didn't wanna leave his warm oven even thou he was end 42 weeks and about time for eviction. They tried pitocin but after 2 hours, they took me off cuz it didn't work, there was no progress at all, they decided to break my water and dang in 35min I went from 3-10cm and he was out. Again no pain  meds but heck I wanted some, the contractions were strong, very strong. I was torn in on several places and had to get stitched together, the whole process took only 2 hours and 35 mins.
Now with #3, I will see, hope everything goes fine and I can go natural again.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM

i was induced with my first and it sucked. i was in labor 48 hours. couldn't get out of bed. was so sick, throwing up. i ended up getting an epidural after 24 hours. i was so bummed because i wanted to prove to my husband i could do it without drugs. LOL. i pushed for 2 hours. and then couldn't get out of bed 24 hours after she was born. .

with my son i went natural. was in labor 10 hours, water broke and 2 pushes later he was out. seemed so easy compared to my daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)