Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Natural delivery VS. being induced......

Posted by   + Show Post

have any of you ladies experienced both? my first DD i had naturally, and with this pregnancy, my doc is inducing me at 39 weeks. im curious to know if any one has been through both, and what the differences were. so, share opinions, thoughts stories ect!

thanks ladies!!!

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
carter210
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
My first was natural. My second was induced. The 2nd was way worse!! Longer, harder and more frustrating! I hope I never have to be induced again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I have had 2 natural deliveries and one induction that was completely drug free, no pitocin, no epidural
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaedog3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Quoting Earth_Mama90:

Y are u getting induced

we have a 5yo,, and my mom is coming into town from another state to watch her, we don't have any one else to watch her, so I kind of need to have a date to tell her, so so she can get the tickets. plus I can't really have her come a nd risk being late, or early and her not be here to watch my dd

annanonnymommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM

i had both, and honestly preferred my inductions! but one of my naturals came so fast i had no time to think about it - at least with my inductions i knew what was going on, and that baby should come within a day (none ended in c-section). it was easier to control my pain when i was induced. my naturals were longer and the hardest to recover from.

irocksocks
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:57 PM
this. i was induced, but it wasn't as painful as everyone makes it out to be

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

I was induced for my first pregnancy.

The contractions werent that bad. I have a high pain tolerance tho,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myerslisa2
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM
This.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Pitocin is the devil.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM
me i have had both.i will take being induced any day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earth_Mama90
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I would never induce for a non medical reason but to each their own.

Quoting shaedog3:

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

Y are u getting induced

we have a 5yo,, and my mom is coming into town from another state to watch her, we don't have any one else to watch her, so I kind of need to have a date to tell her, so so she can get the tickets. plus I can't really have her come a nd risk being late, or early and her not be here to watch my dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I was induced with my first 4 babies and my 5th baby came naturally.

Honestly - I much prefered the inductions.  I knew where I'd be and when my babies would be born.  Especially with babies 2 through 4 - I could arrange babysitting and have the house ready, etc.  Things just ran more 'smoothly'.
Of course - I ---------w - -as scheduled to be induced with my 5th baby as well....but the little stinker had plans of his own.  My entire labor with him - from first contraction to holding him in my arms - lasted 90 MINUTES!  We had to find someone at the last second to babysit...because our babysitter was over 30 mins away and unreachable -- thank G-d my parents had just walked in their door when we called their house and they were only 5 mins away.  We barely made it to the hospital - not to mention getting into the LDR unit.  I wasn't very thrilled with the 'no time for painkillers' thing - but at least delivery was quick.  LOL

Our first four were induced for several reasons -
Baby #1 - I was 42 weeks and the docs didn't want me to go any longer
Baby #2- I was 41 weeks and the docs didn't want to wait any longer - I was also HUGE with too much anmiotic fluid and they were afriad that if my water broke at home the chord could prolapse and I might not make it to the hospital in time to safely deliver
Baby #3 - even though I had extremely LOW anmiotic fluid with her -- only about 1/4 of what I should have had - she kept flipping from breech to head-down....at my 38 week appointment - with the lowest level of amniotic fluid yet - she was head-down so they sent me directly to the hospital to be induced
Baby #4  - I requested induction at 39 weeks - mostly so I could be planned at home...thankfully my doc was ok with it.
Baby #5 - I had requested induction at 39 weeks again....but he came the night before I was to go to the hospital -- at 38w6d (little stinker) 

nysa76
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

For me, the induction was worse.  Many times over.  I dilated slower, the contractions were longer and I was strapped to a bed the whole time instead of up and walking around.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)