Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Eviction!!!!! UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 50 Replies

My Neighbors are being evicted today and I feel sooo bad.   their lives have been one disaster after another nothing seems to go in t heir favor.  They wouldn't even know it was coming today if the new super didn't confuse me with them.  He came up to me yesterday while i was outside to tell me that the Marshall was coming to evict me.  After freaking me out he was like you are in C7 right.  They asked if i could take them in but I can't.  this royally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday Afternoon the Super Came up to me and told me that he went to the landlord and spoke to him and that if she's willing to get rid of her Husband That the super might be able to get her apt back for her.  She's been trying to get rid of the asshole for weeks. So its possible she'll be back if she ever answers her phone to call me back.

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I'm now watching thier baby while they wait for the Marshall.  They are upset that I can't even take in their dog.

Kool_Aide
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Its not your problem to fix. It's sad but it's time to get things in order.
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Its not your problem to fix. It's sad but it's time to get things in order.

Yeah I know, but it just hurts.  Last night their 9 year old came to be balling her eyes out that they have to move today to go to a shelter.

wildlilacs
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Heres hoping they can get help at the shelter. Some have programs that teach how to buget, get jobs, counseling, drug/alchohol addiction help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Kind of how my life has been. If our lease wasn't going to be up at the end of the month, we more than likely would have been evicted.

The power is off, water is on but no way to cook, laundry, shower, etc.

It has literally been one low blow after another since August.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Sad for the kids for sure. I have a hard time believing the adults didn't see an eviction coming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting LuvingMy3Girls:

Sad for the kids for sure. I have a hard time believing the adults didn't see an eviction coming

It's been a long time coming actually quite some time about 2 years.  They just didnt know it was going to be today.  They've already had the marshall out here almost a year ago but he gave them more time and she went back to court. 

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

What state do you live in that no notice has to be given? That seems very off to me. Thye should have had to go to court?

Daisypath Wedding tickers

JustCJ
by Charlotte on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM
That is so sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM

never mind my previous comment lol

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting LuvingMy3Girls:

It's been a long time coming actually quite some time about 2 years.  They just didnt know it was going to be today.  They've already had the marshall out here almost a year ago but he gave them more time and she went back to court. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)