Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do i stop my hair from falling out *Pic*

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 28 Replies

My hair is constantly falling out idk why. This is a pic of my brush. I clean it put everytime I use it and this is how "full" it is ! Clumps of hair of all out in the shower. Its so gross. And I don't shampoo everyday but I condition and I have to keep my hair up for work but every time I take a shower and brush my hair , it gets a huge knot in the back of my head ! almost like A dread ! This all started happening recently. HELP!!!!

P.S. I work 3rd shift , therefore I am going to sleep and will get back to any questions/comments. Please keep bumped even though nobody knows me and this isn't drama
T.I.A (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2ameira
by Miss Christina on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

doesn't look like much here but it's really a lot !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2ameira
by Miss Christina on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM

so is mine, but i just bleached the shit out of it!

tinaleigh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
There's lots of reasons for you to loose hair from stress to poor diet to thyroid issues to a million other things. Since you feel like its more than a normal amount go see your Dr to get checked out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
1 mom liked this
I recently had this happen about 3 months after stopping my birth control. It lasted a couple months and it's starting to taper off. You can actually see my scalp on the top front of my head. Others don't notice but I do.

Everything I have read states that within 6 months to a year it should be back.

My hair originally started thinning 4 years ago when I started Yasmin but I never connected the two until it got worse a couple months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicious_fairy
Pretty sure everyones does.
You should see my brush after I shower lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my_babies_n_me
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I have read that stress and many other factors, such as diet and hormonal issues can cause hair loss.   I don't really have much in the way of advice, however.. If it does not stop soon, maybe you should mention it to your Dr. next time you see them.  Were you recently pregnant?  I had massive amounts of hair loss after my daughter was born due to the change in hormones.

Letha
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Not sure it can be a number of reasons. I have thyroid problems and I'm on meds but I heard that if your thyroid is messed up it, it can make you lose your hair. I never researched it though.
MoLLiy
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Could be your thyroid. Call your doc and get it checked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Lmao oh my brush looks like that too. You should see the drain in my shower:O some people shed more than others:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN