Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question about mailing perishables

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

I want to send a friend of mine something in the mail...basically the fixings for a sandwich from a place that she loves (but does not live near anymore) that I work at. I'd have to send sliced deli meat, cheese, and bread. Anybody know how I go about this? Do I have to refrigerate the package myself or is there a way to ship it where they will keep it cold? Do I go to USPS or UPS/FedEx? I have never mailed anything perishable at all, much less a food that has to be kept under 40 degrees.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM

BUMP!

bec94
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Well, it is pretty expensive to next day fed x a package. For a few loaves of bread it would've been close to &100. You could do the 2 day, but even then it's not guaranteed. There was someone in another group that did the 2 day ups to ship breastmilk ( it was in a cooler with dry ice, which you'd have to do). Well, they didn't deliver the package till a few days after the scheduled delivery date. The milk spoiled. Good luck, call each place and get an idea of price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM

cooler packed and fed -ex'd.  gotta be an overnight delivery.  Depending on the size, its about $40 up for overnight from any of the companies for a small box.

valkay
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM

how  far?

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM

KY to WA

Quoting valkay:

how  far?

valkay
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Call feds and ask them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)