Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you up before the kids??

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 28 Replies

Do you get up before your kids or do you get up when they get up??

I get up when my two year old gets up, around 8:00am and then my 4 and 6 yo get up around 9:30am. My sister thought this was terrible of me that I just get up when the kids do. I'm not sure what the problem was, but we'll never agree on anything. I shower at night, so I don't really have to do that in the morning. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I try to get up before my son but it's hard because he is a very light sleeper. Once I start stirring, he is awake within 10 minutes. We wake up between 5-6 A.M. most mornings. My daughter sleeps in like a teenager. LOL

Mama_ninjette
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I get up before my DD only on days I have to work on my days off I sleep till she gets up
proudmommy92
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I get up when dd gets up which is anywhere from 830-1030 am.

Unless.. i have to get up for an appointment or something..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I am up before the kids. I like to have my workout and shower time before they get up.

pasteeater
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM
During the week I get up like ten minutes before him. But on weekends I get up hours before him. He's 13 and sleep until 11:30. Then I finally wake the child up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Ds ALWAYS wakes me up. He's 11 though so he can make his own breakfast. He usually comes and gets me when my coffee pot is ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM
My older kids get up and do their own thing. Eat watch TV whatever. I have the baby monitor on so when DD is up it wakes me up if I'm not up already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM

It never fails when I try to get up early and get things done my 2yo will be toddling down the stairs shortly after...no matter what time I get up! I think he senses that he's too far away from me.

Quoting alwayskk:

I try to get up before my son but it's hard because he is a very light sleeper. Once I start stirring, he is awake within 10 minutes. We wake up between 5-6 A.M. most mornings. My daughter sleeps in like a teenager. LOL

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Depends Erin is usually up at 7-730 so she comes and gets me but 9 times out of 10 I am awake laying there wondering what time it is ...LOL 

RadnRem
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM
My older son is 9 and he wakes up before me now. He wakes up by 7am everyday..no alarm or anything. Just crazy, lol. I set my alarm for about 7am to get up and make sure he does what he needs to before school.
And when my 5 yo gets up, so do I if I'm not already up.

Recently I have been taking a morning nap after older DS is off to school. Being just shy of 9 months pregnant and working late nights is a bad combo, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)