Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pregnant on Merina IUD ?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have had the IUD in for over 2 years now. At first I was paranoid id get pregnant or it wasnt in correctly. Every time dr has checked everything was ok and she told me not to worry about getting pregnant on it. We stopped using condoms because they kept brakeing and my obgyn told me it could do more harm of the latex were to become lodged somewhere in my vagina.
So anyway the past week or 2 I have been thinking I may be having some slight pregnancy symptoms but could it really be ?
My nipples are sore and enlarged but the actual breast feels fine. I tried hand expressing and got nothing.
I have been feeling on and off burning when I urinate and a little while after but nothing severe.. It reminds me of when I was pregnant though because I got a lot a yeast infections and UTIs dr said it was because of hormone change.
But other then that I seam normal.. No Nasua and I had terrible morning sickness when. Was pregnant for at Least 3 months..
Oh I have noticed a change in my appotite and have been eating a little bit more.. So my belly seems a bit bigger.. My stomach was completely flat and now it seems to be growing but I think it's from eating to much ? It reminds me of my begging pregnant belly though :( I don't no if it's all in my head or not.. I can't remember maybe someone can answer I the beginning when your pregnant can you still suck your belly in to flatten it out ? Because I can still suck it all in to look skinny but i remember not being able to do that when I was pregnant....
I really can't be right ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM

It is very possible to be.  Get a blood test asap.  Most likely if you are, you will miscarry due to the mirena being placed.  Also some of the side effects of mirena can mimic pregnancy symptoms.

BlahNomMom
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:35 AM
go get checked.....and spell checked as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:37 AM
I need a head banging sweet pea. Damn mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:40 AM

banging head into wall   There you go MommyFlood.  Which part is giving you a headache? LOL.

Quoting MommyFlood:

I need a head banging sweet pea. Damn mobile.

Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:54 AM

It is still possible to get pregnant on the IUD. Check to see if you can feel your strings and take a test...BUT Mirena is known to cause pregnancy symptoms so it could just be that...I usually feel pregnant before every period I get now lasting up to 2 weeks before I actually start.

wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Birth control is never 100% no matter what doctors say. My cousin got pregnant with a second child even though she had her tubes tied. My mom was on all kinds of birth control and still got pregnant with my sister, we used to call her the miracle child.

MisfitInTN
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Piss on the keyboard. It will tell you instantly if you are pregnant or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jperry86
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:02 AM
What in God's name makes you think a bunch of women online can analyze your vague symptoms and determine if you are or are not paranoid? Just go get a pregnancy test. Duh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butrflyekises
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Oh some of you women here are just so kind! I'm sure I seam like an uneducated idiot to you all.. Anywho, does anyone know if it I would get a false negative on a home test because of the IUD? I don't want to run to the dr. Because well firstly I work full time and go to school full time so I would have to miss either work or school to get in at the dr and I don't want to waste time knowing that sometimes the IUD can cause pregnancy symptoms.. Would the false symptoms occur this late after placement though ? The past year I havnt gotten a real period just light staining for a few days every month but I honestly don't even keep track of it so I don't remember if I got it last month or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN