Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just an FYI

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM
  • 37 Replies
And not for you smart asses but for the 2 vaccine posters I saw on here....

Even if your children are vaxed they still can get sick for whatever they were vaxed for!!! Your child isn't in a bubble.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mami.to.two
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Lol no they won't cause everyone else is vaxed! Noone gets sick..!

That's what my teacher said in class... I laughed... Lolol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM
3 moms liked this

yes...possibly....but no probably..and if we vaccinate,eventually the disease can be wiped out, but not if we have people who refuse to be part of the soloution...

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM
2 moms liked this

This risks of getting it is still lower and if they do get it is not as sever!

tashangel31
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Well another issue comes to play that MOST people do not think about. Everyone getting vaccinated is never going to happen. I have a child with hypogammaglobulinemia. In a nut shell she has no immune system. They gave her 3 pneumonia vaccines once every 8 weeks and not 1 times did her body build up immunities to it. There is no point putting her through shots when her immune system can't build the antibodies to the vaccine.

So sometimes it's not about refusing to be apart of the "solution" it's in the best interest of the child!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:11 AM

And just because they are not "sick" does not mean they are not carrying it.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM
3 moms liked this

no but if the majority would get vaxed,people like your dd are better protected

Quoting tashangel31:

Well another issue comes to play that MOST people do not think about. Everyone getting vaccinated is never going to happen. I have a child with hypogammaglobulinemia. In a nut shell she has no immune system. They gave her 3 pneumonia vaccines once every 8 weeks and not 1 times did her body build up immunities to it. There is no point putting her through shots when her immune system can't build the antibodies to the vaccine.

So sometimes it's not about refusing to be apart of the "solution" it's in the best interest of the child!

xxlilmomma09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:43 AM
The majority does get vaxed.

Bacterias and viruses are continuously changing. It is impossible to be immune from everything from a simple vaccine.

For example, the flu vaccine. It only provides a protection against certain strains of the virus. The same goes for pertussis.

Quoting shivasgirl:

no but if the majority would get vaxed,people like your dd are better protected

Quoting tashangel31:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmy3babes
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:27 AM
I agree. My dd has an autoimmune disorder and some vaxes aren't reccomended for some kids with certain disorders or diseases. My 9 yr old dd is fully vaxed and so is my 2 yr old ds but my 4 yr old dd cannot. I still get crap from people about it!

Quoting tashangel31:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Yup I knew that.  I think as a child i got mumps even though i got the vaccination. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)