Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isn't this just the cutest?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

It says "domestic diva". I got it for one of the ladies I take care of because she needs something to protect her clothes while eating.

She comes to the dinner table in style!

:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CaptainFeast
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:10 AM

So cute! I love the aprons out on the market now. Pintrest has some good ideas for aprons too.

epoh
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:11 AM
My mom makes bibs for elderly and disabled people. I'll have to tell her about the apron idea. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM
I prefer apron length to cover the lap area. It works much better IMO.

Quoting epoh:

My mom makes bibs for elderly and disabled people. I'll have to tell her about the apron idea. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM
I agree with you. She does a lot of crafty stuff and she started making them for her MIL. She's doing a craft fair and making a ton.

Would a simple cotton blend work for fabric or do you prefer something thicker like an actual apron?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM
I need material that is either highly absorbant and waterproof backed or something that is fairly water repellent.

If it can't protect the clothes from drinks, you are going to have to change them anyway. Drinks are often a big issue. Either they spill due to poor hand/eye coordination or the folks have poor swallowing abilities or whatever, but drinks usually end up down the front.
Quoting epoh:

I agree with you. She does a lot of crafty stuff and she started making them for her MIL. She's doing a craft fair and making a ton.

Would a simple cotton blend work for fabric or do you prefer something thicker like an actual apron?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
I'll pass along the info. She made me a mattress for DS for his Moses basket and several changing pads with water proof backing so I'm sure she can make a waterproof apron too. Thanks!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I need material that is either highly absorbant and waterproof backed or something that is fairly water repellent.

If it can't protect the clothes from drinks, you are going to have to change them anyway. Drinks are often a big issue. Either they spill due to poor hand/eye coordination or the folks have poor swallowing abilities or whatever, but drinks usually end up down the front.
Quoting epoh:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)