Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you dream of someone who isn't here anymore...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

...do you wake up happy or sad?

My Gram passed 3 years ago. Last night was the first time I dreamt about her in a "real life" scenario. We talked, laughed, hugged; it was wonderful.

I woke up smiling & with tears on my face.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
epoh
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Sad and confused, usually. It sticks with me for most of the morning. It's hard to shake the subconscious reality and it often has a huge impact on my day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM
I had a dream about my grandfather last night. I woke up in tears. But then I was so happy. I miss him so much :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Both. My son passed away and when I dream of him he is happy and laughing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L1558
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I have dreamed of my grandma, too. She died when I was 8. I dreamed about a year ago that she walked into my bedroom and sat down and asked if we could chat for a minute. She told me to tell my mom she was proud of her, and that she checked on us sometimes. Then she said she loved us very much, and not to worry so much about stuff....everything would be OK.

Then I woke up. I felt peaceful....I called my mom. She had had the same dream. It kind of weirded me out, since we hadn't been talking about grandma or recently gone through a memorable birthday, etc., of any sort, but it wasn't scary or sad at all....

mackQuin
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I've dreamed of my grandma. It's odd. She was in the hospital and a tornado was coming. So I loaded her in a wheelchair and I ran with her. The tornado changed directions and began to chase us from the direction I fled to,then I was back in here hospital room and kissed and hugged her goodbye.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
griefstrickin
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM
A little of both. After my dad passed (he & I were extremely close) I had a dream and in it he was holding my hand (which he would always do) it felt so real..i woke up with my hand up in the air like it was being held. It startled me then I became very upset and saddened when I realized I was awake and now the dream was over and he was once again gone. I do believe he was holding my hand. Other times I am really happy when we spend time together during dreams, as I went to sleep last night I was thinking about him and noticed as I drifted off I had a smile on my face.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)