Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*sigh* back to cloth it is

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 20 Replies
I tried cloth diapering my son at first, but he wouldn't sleep in them lol. Weirdo.
So we went completely disposable. Recently we tried some different wipes and they gave him a horrible rash. Cloth is the only thing that cleared it up. He liked them this time so looks like we'll be switching back. I ordered five more pockets and that should be it. Won't have to buy diapers again!
Do you use cloth? What's your favorite style and brand?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MBorati-Collins
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
We used cloth 'till last year. I used Charlie Banana and wouldn't have it any other way. They have one-size ones, which we didn't use, but my sister did and told us they were great. About model, they only have one, but it comes in a lot of colors.
workingmommy87
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM

style? brand? I have no idea. I'm new to cloth diapering. i didn;t know there was a difference. We just got whatever babies r us brand is. I'm not really liking the cloth thing. Do you wash your own r do you have a service? what about once they start solids and things get messy? I try to use at least one a day, but they take so much longer t get on, i've got a wiggly 5 week old. I hate the way they leak, just not absorbent at all. Any tips? I don't wanna give up yet.

ditsyjo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I did with my most recent baby but we just used the basic pre folds.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I want some Charlie Bananas, but Kelly's Closet had a free dipe sale. If ten pockets isn't enough I may order a couple CBs.
Do the colors fade at all? They're so bright and pretty online lol.

Quoting MBorati-Collins:

We used cloth 'till last year. I used Charlie Banana and wouldn't have it any other way. They have one-size ones, which we didn't use, but my sister did and told us they were great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyRedVelvet

I don't use cloth, sorry no help :(

epoh
I love Bum Genius and Fuzzy Bunz. I also love Monkey and Bug but she has two sets of twins so she's stopped making diapers. Eeber Debber is awesome too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnate0707
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I use only prefolds and covers. 99% of my stash is 3 Lil Birds in the City covers. I love them!

MBorati-Collins
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

They didn't fade at all. They are actually bright in person, too. I love, love, love their colors. The Tutti-Frutti one was my favorite, though.
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I loooooove cloth!!

I've got a little of everything but I always fall back to prefolds and covers. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM

they sell littleplastic pants to go over them. they do have to be changed more oftenbut think of the money you save. actually as the baby gets bigger it gets easier. first because babies don't go as often after a few months and after they get solids the poop gets more solid so you can mostly dump it in the toilet.... you still have to rinse but it isn't so yuck

Quoting workingmommy87:

style? brand? I have no idea. I'm new to cloth diapering. i didn;t know there was a difference. We just got whatever babies r us brand is. I'm not really liking the cloth thing. Do you wash your own r do you have a service? what about once they start solids and things get messy? I try to use at least one a day, but they take so much longer t get on, i've got a wiggly 5 week old. I hate the way they leak, just not absorbent at all. Any tips? I don't wanna give up yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)