Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to torture my baby today :( *update*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

We have to go to an ENT appointment to have a scope stuck down his nose.. into his throat.. he has to be awake and its better if he screams.. so guess who gets to hold him down :(

I hate this part of being a parent.

He actually put it down his throat and he was awesome, barely cried at all.. he even willingly opened his mouth for it :).. good news is he almost guarentees his traechmalasia/laryngomalasia will eventually improve and won't effect him later in life.. one more follow up in october and then we are good :)

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tomary
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes well and that you spoil him rotten afterwards

emt088

wow.. that really sucks. Im so sorry you have to do that to your LO :(

momma-flynn

Poor kid.  

starreyedcutie
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
:( that sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Oh Momma, I'm so sorry. I know that it sucks to do things like that  with little ones, and it hurts. My dd had to wear a harness to correct her hips, and she cried and screamed for three days straight until she got used to it. Heartbreaking. Then she had to have a tear ducted lanced because the membrane that normally goes away didn't and her eye was weepy all the time. That was awful because we had to hold her down and run this tiny wire down into the corner of her eye and then down the side of her nose to lance the duct that is in side of the nose. Terrible. Anyway, she got all of that fixed thankfully. We avoided surgery on her hips because the harness worked (she wore it for approximately six months), and she no longer has the weepy eye. It is hard to do these things and to think of our kids suffering, but it is always in their best interest. So stay strong Mom. It will be done and over with soon and your little one will be better off.

acaisha
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

BUMP!

jnttd
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I'm so glad it went relatively well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)