Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommend a vacuum please....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 47 Replies
I guess DF was trying to be helpful this morning and vacuum the living room while I was gone to drop off DD at school.
I came home and there is crap all over the carpet. Dust, hair, who knows what else. The vacuum is in pieces in the kitchen and there's a note. " vacuum is dead. Buy a new one when you pick Stacy up today".
We only have a Walmart here to buy from and I haven't had to buy one in for ever.
Any suggestions on brand and type. We have 2 dogs a pug ( sheds like crazy) and a ridgeback pup ( sheds a little) I vacuum daily so nothing too heavy.
Thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Shark Navigator Pro Series. It's about $200 at Wal-Mart and has awesome attachments with it.

christina0607
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

If money is no object I recommend a Kirby. It's the most amazing vacuum on the planet.

for a more budget friendly vacuum I say Dyson. I LOVE my dyson! I've had ot for 7 years now and I have not one complaint.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
This is what I have but it's a different color. I love mine. :)

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

Shark Navigator Pro Series. It's about $200 at Wal-Mart and has awesome attachments with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Dyson..I have the pink one and love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Love my Dyson
Lydlou02
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Find a Kirby at a second hand store if you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM

My kirby needed repair and I bought the Shark Navigator to keep as a backup....that thing was the biggest POS ever.

I will never go anything other than Kirby, you can find used ones for very cheap and they last forever! The one I have is over 20 years old and the small issue I had with it was the FIRST repair it had ever had(vacuum guy said everything was original LOL)

Mrz.Anaya
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Yup kirby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Can't help...we have a Rainbow. Very expensive but totally wirth every penny and they're not at Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I like my Eureka, but it's just a regular bagless upright. And we don't have pets or wall to wall carpet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)