Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the women with healthy marriges... (edit: thank you)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 96 Replies

My dh and I are going through a rough time. Last night we talked about separating until we got some counseling. (Have an appointment the 21st). I've been crying all day. I want to hear about marriages that worked out.

Have you ever been through counseling? Did it help?

Please tell me how you couped though issues.

Thank you all so much for your input! I haven't been on since yesterday, so I just now read through all of the replies. Dh and I had a very emotional day yesterday. I took some your your advice. I got off the computer and while my kids napped, I wrote him a long letter. When he got home I told him to read it while I was in the shower. Afterwards we talked and cried. We decided not to separate for now. We are still going to counseling, but right now I feel a separation will be too hard on us. We still have a lot of things to work through. Thankfully abuse or infidelity isn't our issues. Our biggest issue is a bunch of little things that just added up to one big problem. Right now I feel a bit drained, but optimistic. Thank you all again. 

I've seen a lot of drama on cafemom, and I thank you for having no drama in this post. Hearing you all out really helped me. Thank you.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LouieBoo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
5 moms liked this
It depends on the type of issues at hand, I guess. But openness and honesty of needs and feelings are KEY. And focus on the positive aspects of marriage and each other. Good luck!
angeleyes16
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Thank you. I understand all marriages has their own unique problems... I just need some positive feedback here. Thanks.

starreyedcutie
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I've never done counseling. Here's a bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM

BUMP!

mom2ljh
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Communication communication communication. If you're religious, pray together, worship together. Make time for each other, have a date night once a week. Take an interest in each other's lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

All marriages have ups and downs.  My husband and I have had our issues but I would say we have a very healthy marriage.  The most important thing is that regardless if we are arguing or not we always respect, trust and love one another. And I would say out of those three respect is the most important.  

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I havent ever been to counseling, as my first marriage was irreparable, but my current husband and i decided if the need ever arises, we would go to counceling. Our marriage is very healthy, because we are very open with each other and hide NOTHING...we've both had one failed marriage and dont want to repeat that again

angeleyes16
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Communication is our bigest problem. Even when we try we always end up arguing anyways. =(

Quoting mom2ljh:

Communication communication communication. If you're religious, pray together, worship together. Make time for each other, have a date night once a week. Take an interest in each other's lives.

christina0607
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

We've neevr had counseling. We talk about any real issues in our relationship.

I do think if you feel counseling is needed, don't wait on it.

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Bump for me to type out...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)