Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts about his charges? WITH EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 71 Replies

Read this in a paper. Do you think the charges are fair? I mean, the woman is only 8 weeks along. Isn't it legal to still have an abortion, but this guy is getting charged for this?

A Fridley man was charged with attempting to kill his yet-to-be-born child by stomping on his pregnant girlfriend's stomach, according to criminal charges filed this week.

Kenneth L. Turner, 28, assaulted his ex-girlfriend at a home for three hours, at one point ordering her to lie on her back and stomping on her stomach with both feet, the charge said. He told her she didn't deserve the baby and that he was going to kill it, the complaint said.

The woman is two months pregnant. It's unclear whether her embryo suffered any permanent injuries.

Turner was charged with felony first-degree attempted murder of an unborn child and felony domestic assault. He has previous domestic assault convictions and two other violent felony convictions.

According to the complaint, Turner's girlfriend called police about 8 a.m. Friday to report the assault. Besides stomping on her stomach, he repeatedly kicked and choked her. She had vaginal bleeding and significant pain in her uterus.

Anoka County District Judge Douglas B. Meslow set bail for Turner at $500,000 and prohibited Turner from having contact with the woman. Turner's next court appearance is scheduled for May 14.

County Attorney Tony Palumbo stated, "This type of criminal behavior is shocking and will be dealt with severely if these allegations are proven."

DAVID CHANEN

EDIT--What I want to know, is why is he being charged for attempted murder, when it can be killed by abortion without the doctor being charged. Shouldn't he be just charged for the assault on her and not the fetus? It doesn't seem to make sense that in this case, because she was keeping the baby, it's considered a BABY, but if a doctor was to do a procedure, it's just TISSUE or whatever they call it. Can someone please explain this to me? (I am young and ignorant, so please be nice).

Start Tribune (Twin Cities, Minnesota)->local->North Metro

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Id like to shoot his ignorant ass in the head...but thats just my hormones talking :)

christina0607
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Makes sense to me. Sounds like attemoted murder to me...he was attempting to kill the baby. thats a felony.

Cookie-kisses
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

"attempted murder of an unborn child"

Sounds like exactly what he did.

Tannaris
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Makes sense to me. Asshole should be stomped to death IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like he is being charged accordingly to me. He did attempted to end the pregnancy and harm the mother.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM
His intention was to kill the unborn child. Thae fact that he said he was going to "kill it" supersedes the personhood president.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3pippings
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

It is all fair because the woman was forced to abort her unborn child. 

Abortion, even though it's still legal at that stage, has to have a consent from the person who want to abort. It's definitely different case.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:18 PM

He didnt go get a procedure, he tried to stomp the thing to death, big difference. I think it fits the crime.

Litlmama87
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Sounds right to me.

even though He could have killed both mother AND child if the police hadn't intervened :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2girls89
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Please don't compare what he did to abortion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)