Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isn't that your job?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 12 Replies
Errrrr I hate my neighbor!!!!
Backstory neighbor lady is two faced, talks badly about everyone and everything out right lying or exaggerating.
So last night I was at work (local bar) she comes in and I mention how we are planning our wedding and I'm thinking about using this one hall.
She starts going on about how gross the cupboards are and how unsanitary the place is, that I really shouldn't use it because it's such a hole. But don't say anything to anyone because she doesn't want to lose her job. O ya she cleans there..
And her husband kept telling me they really wanted to use that hall but at the time it was supposed to be torn down for a new community center which never happened.

Soo is it really as bad as she says and if so isn't it her job to make sure it is clean??
Or what..
There isn't another venue locally that can accommodate our wedding size..

Edit to add: I did go view the venue on monday, went all through the kitchen opened all the cupboards. It didn't look dirty but at the time I wasn't exactly looking for filth either. Me and my mom are going to look again on Monday before I put down the deposit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM

She either completely sucks at her job and SHOULD get fired if it's that nasty, orrr she's just jealous bc you guys can use it and she couldn't. Plus she's just a b*word in general. So. I wouldn't take what she says seriously.

Apollos82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Why don't you just go look at it for your self?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Cleaning companies are paid to do certain things.  So while she cleans it - she might not be contracted to clean the cupboards, etc... 

TSNDDY
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I did just go look at it last week, it looked clean of course I didn't go through with a fine tooth comb though.. Going to go look again with my mom before we put the deposit down

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Why not just as for a tour of the kitchen? Then makje a decision yourself.

Just because she cleans part of it means she's responsible for cleaning all of it. and anyway it ultimately falls on the shoulders of who owns it.

I would probably just find somewhere else.

TSNDDY
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I know the people using the facility are responsible for cleaning the dishes and such, but she did tell me she cleaned the cupboards?

Quoting jas_momof2:

Cleaning companies are paid to do certain things.  So while she cleans it - she might not be contracted to clean the cupboards, etc... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMMOM
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Why don't you just go check it out?

TSNDDY
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I had just gone and looked at it. It looked clean.
Me and my mom are going to check it again on monday

Quoting CBMMOM:

Why don't you just go check it out?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Yeah, forget the neighbor lady. :) Go with what you see. No one is going to say "OMG! Her wedding was horrible because the cupboards were dirty!" lol Pick it if you like it and screw her. :)

Quoting TSNDDY:

I did just go look at it last week, it looked clean of course I didn't go through with a fine tooth comb though.. Going to go look again with my mom before we put the deposit down

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommato2boys79
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

She either completely sucks at her job and SHOULD get fired if it's that nasty, orrr she's just jealous bc you guys can use it and she couldn't. Plus she's just a b*word in general. So. I wouldn't take what she says seriously.

I think it might be this.. I would just look for myself just to make sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)