Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shaving question for moms of older girls...please help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 26 Replies
My dd is almost 9 years old and puberty is hitting fast. She has hair growing in places that I would like to ignore but I cant. Her armpits are the problem right now because it is not cute fuzzy baby hair, its dark and growing fast (her dad is italian). With it being warm outside she is embarrassed. My mom said ignore it and it will eventually fall out and never come back, dh says teach her to shave...idk what to do,.any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I have that same problem, my advice is to teach her now how to shave or do it yourself. No sense in waiting til she's 15 to teach her.

paulswifey11
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM
My dd is diabetic and it seemed like puberty hit over night. I did not want her to have to shave but she had to start last year, she was8. You may want to teach her since it embarrasses her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollFace-23
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Teach her how! It's not going to fall out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Have her shave, it won't fall out lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I have a 9 year old girl, and while she is fortunate that she doesn't have much hair at all (takes after her dad!) if she did have armpit hair and it caused her embarrassment, I wouldn't hesitate on teaching her to shave.  JMO.  I don't think it is just going to fall out...I have NEVER heard of that happening...once it comes in it is there to stay. 

karla85
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
How is it exactly supposed to fall out? I say teach her to shave. I know as soon as dd gets it she will shave it, she is 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
1 mom liked this

Have her shave. She'll need to eventually anyway.

My daughter is 11. she started shaving this past September, so not as early as yours. And really it's only her legs. She uses an electric shaver, it's just not that big a deal.

PinkyPan

Teach her how to shave. It's time.

Cookie-kisses
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

My dh has an aunt that is in her 70's and is proof it does not fall out if you ignore it.   so gross!!

nicole6870
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I don't see it falling out. Teach her to shave and if she's not comfortable doing it on her own or she seems clumsy do it for her. My mom made me wait until I was 12 even though I had hair on my legs (I could see it). I just did it w/out permission and had lots of cuts. I refused to be humiliated over it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)