Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be concerned about this? ((PIC)) Update: Appoitment at 4pm MT, I'll update afterwards NEW UPDATE-EVERYTHING IS OK

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
  • 344 Replies

Everything is fine!  I'm so sorry I didn't update.  I honestly forgot all about this post and I don't get on Cafemom much.  I didn't mean to make every worry and did not think this post would blow up like this.  The doctor said that the black stuff was just dried old blood under the skin and that he probably had just hurt himself...maybe had a foreign object in there that has worked it's way out.  It's starting to heal now and the black has gone away.  Thank you again for your concern and again I'm so sorry I didn't come back and update. 

Update: I'm taking him to the doctor after school. Still curious to see what everyone thinks it may be.  Good to know I'm not just overreacting.  When I told my husband this morning that I was taking him to the doctor after school he acted like the bump was no big deal.  And maybe it is nothing but I'd like to get it checked out.

About a week ago my 7 year old came up to me and told me a spot on his knee hurt. I looked at it and it looked about the size of a large pimple, was red around it, had what looked to be puss filling it and it had a small black spot in the middle. I figured it was maybe an ingrown hair and told him we check it again in a few days. Well today now he comes and tells me it still hurts and when I look t it I find the whole thing had turned a very dark purple or black. It's much darker than the picture but I took it with my cell phone so the color is kind of off and it's blurry but you get the general idea.  The bump is smooth on top with just a little dry spot on top and that same black dot. It's not a scab.  Would you take your child to the doctor for this?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Could it be a spider bite? Kind f looks like one. Is it warm to the touch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I would.

PinkyPan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Yes, I would.

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Call her doc. I would looks like a bite of some type
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM
5 moms liked this

I'd take him in.  First thing that came to mind, fron the progression you describe, is MRSA, drug resistant staph.

beethann

eeek! I think I would

nysa76

I would probably get it checked out since it's been there for a week.

Vicious_fairy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Uhhhh you're really asking?

If course I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.

i would call the doc and see what they want you to do.

mom2ljh
It could be a bite and it's getting worse. Definitely time for a doctor to see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)