Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love rummage sales!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
I volunteered to sort and price the bi annual rummage sale for our church. There was alot of gross and old stuff of course, there always is :). I even had to sort a bag of donated thongs!! That was gross. There were some awsome finds though. A trash bag of Ralph Loren clothes brand new with tags, ugg boots brand new. And loads of barely worn kids clothes. As a thank you for sorting we got to pick three things for half price. I got a nearly new shirt with butterflies a pair of cutie capri pants with polka dots and butterflies, and a pair or levis with hot pink sequins for my dd for less than a dollar! tomorrow I'm going back to get more clothes and a ceramic unicorn for dd because her b day is conning up and she loves unicorns.

Edit:
Today was sale day and I got 37 pieces of clothing for the whole family for 12 dollars!!! And I got the ceramic unicorn for dd :).
Dh got 2 brand new looking gap sweaters and a fleece jacket and a long sleeve bears t-shirt.
I got 2 old navy long sleeve tee shirts ( fairly new looking), a couple of tank tops, 3 short sleeve t shirts and 3 Cato long sleeve waffle knit t-shirts that were brand new. Plus a couple of sweaters. The kids have lots of new stuff too, wrangler jeans, okie dokie shirts and children's place stuff as well as a couple gap shirts for my oldest. I was really picky and only got new looking stuff. And the interesting thing is, this rummage sale was not as good as the last one and I still got all that nice stuff!! I probably got 400 dollars worth of clothes for 12 bucks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MultiPara
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Fun!!! I love them too.

candy79556
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Me too. my kids love them as much as I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM
It's almost like a treasure hunt :) and soo much cheaper than consignment shops. It really helps the clothing budget when you can get a super stuffed bag of kids clothes for 5 or 8 bucks :).

Quoting candy79556:

Me too. my kids love them as much as I do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Bumpity!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)