Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If this is the only documentary you watch for the rest of your life...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Please check out  The Harvest/ La Cosecha. It's worth it!

Everyone needs to see this movie...

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

BUMP!

alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'm so dissappointed.

RheaF
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Whats it about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting RheaF:

Whats it about?

Child migrant farmworkers in the US.

Mamacruz13
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I watched that one a few months back, omg it was so heartbreaking.

My father in law and his 8 brothers and sisters were child migrant workers growing up. They were the lucky ones who made it out of highschool and into college. My fil has his master's in education and most of his siblings went to college and have very good jobs. But like I said they were the few lucky ones.

curiouskitty
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have seen it. Everyone needs to watch this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Mamacruz13:

I watched that one a few months back, omg it was so heartbreaking.

My father in law and his 8 brothers and sisters were child migrant workers growing up. They were the lucky ones who made it out of highschool and into college. My fil has his master's in education and most of his siblings went to college and have very good jobs. But like I said they were the few lucky ones.

Wow, that's amazing.

We watched the film yesterday in class and I cried twice. Didn't care who was looking. I think I was the only one who cried. The whole time, I just sat there feeling like an ignorant selfish person.

alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I was thinking about what kind of solutions there are for this problem and the thought that kept coming into my mind was, "Am I willing to pay $.64 more per pound of lettuce so that the people who pick the lettuce can afford to buy it, too?"

Nysa
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM

My mom did a lot of work with Cesar Chaves after law school on migrant farm workers. Some of the were litterally chained to the walls at night. That was in the 1980's here in Colorado! I can't believe some of the stories. I do have to say, I am SO pround of some of the work my momma has done.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Nysa:

My mom did a lot of work with Cesar Chaves after law school on migrant farm workers. Some of the were litterally chained to the walls at night. That was in the 1980's here in Colorado! I can't believe some of the stories. I do have to say, I am SO pround of some of the work my momma has done.

Oh wow. Is it possible that I have heard of her or studied her? I am taking a class right now on Chicano labor history. We have studied Chavez and CO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)