Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dog peeing on couch?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 24 Replies

We've had a dog since he was a puppy shepheard hound mix. he is about 4 1/2 months now. We puppy pad trained him and he was doing great! started even letting us know to go outside. sometimes he'd have an accident by the door. but wouldnt make us upset... he was trying to go outside. well now he's peeing all over the house... he is now even peeing on the couch. >=[ Were not getting angry with him, were still trying to train him, he is neatured and I just dont get it. he was doing great, but now he is just peeing everywhere! and with a 4 month old baby who is about ready to crawl and a $4,000 leather couch... I want to stop this behavoir asap. any idea's????? seems like  ever corner I take there is pee or im trying to take a break and sit on the couch... there is pee... thank god its leather and I can clean it, but its absolutely gross and im ready to get rid of a couch all together. so any idea's this mama would appriciate!!!!! im also noticing he likes to pee where is sleeps? we keep getting rid of beds and getting knew ones or laying a blanket down and he just keeps peeing and sleeping on it.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM

He's either mad at you, or he's sick. He could be incontinent for some reason. How long ago was he neutered?

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be an outdoor dog at my house.  

happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I'd take him to the vet- put in a dog door-take him to puppy obedience classes.... Vet first though :)

Kool_Aide
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM
A 4 month old dog neutered?
AFWifeNMom
We had that problem with our dog when he was a puppy, it only lasted about a week and we brought him in. Turns out he had a bladder infection!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoursTruely06

he was neutured 6 or 8 weekes when we got him.

Quoting alwayskk:

He's either mad at you, or he's sick. He could be incontinent for some reason. How long ago was he neutered?

AFWifeNMom
Yeah I thought they had to be 6 months??

Quoting Kool_Aide:

A 4 month old dog neutered?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Quoting AFWifeNMom:

They do need to be 6 months.
MommyFlood
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I'm no vet but that doesn't sound right at all.

Quoting YoursTruely06:

he was neutured 6 or 8 weekes when we got him.

Quoting alwayskk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Quoting YoursTruely06:

6-8 weeks old. That is too early and incredibly sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)