Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

May go down in cafemom history a one of the dumbest questions, but....

Posted by   + Show Post
How can I keep DDs hair from being lightened from the sun?
I love her beautiful black hair, but being in the sun is changing its color!
Mine is the same, dark brown to medium brown. But that doesn't bother me.
But I just love her hair color so much, lol. I don't want hers to change!

*edit*
The obvious answer is a hat, but what kid would want or keep a hat on while running around and playing? Lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
starry_dreamer
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Some leave in conditioners have protection in them. Aldo target has sun hats with UV protection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Roll it in a bandana?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Why wow?

Quoting MultiPara:

wow

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nee86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Coconut oil. Google coconut oil for hair. Many women in India use coconut oil as a conditioner and they say it help prevent grey hairs so it may work with the sun.
LilGina
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I was thinking its weird how sun will lighten one persons hair and not the next. lol My daughter has dark brown hair and in the summer she gets those blondish highlights i mentioned in my last reply but i got to thinking my sons hair color never changes. He has black hair and no matter how long hes in the sun its always the same color. lol humm something to ponder haha

Mrs.Winchester
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM

There is probably a product that you can buy to protect her hair.  I would google it.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I just googled coconut oil and sunscreen!
This will work! Yay!
It can be used for sunscreen!

Quoting Nee86:

Coconut oil. Google coconut oil for hair. Many women in India use coconut oil as a conditioner and they say it help prevent grey hairs so it may work with the sun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Hair that is truly black doesn't lighten. Perhaps it's a very dark brown and you're seeing the highlights?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGina
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I was just thinknig that because my daughter has dark brown hair and the sun does lighten it but my son who has black hair his never lightens or changes lol

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Hair that is truly black doesn't lighten. Perhaps it's a very dark brown and you're seeing the highlights?

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM
My moms hair doesn't change!
She also has dark black, and her hair looks like it had almost a purple shine in the sun. But it doesn't change the color.
DDs is already changing from only a few weeks of nicer weather!

Quoting LilGina:

I was thinking its weird how sun will lighten one persons hair and not the next. lol My daughter has dark brown hair and in the summer she gets those blondish highlights i mentioned in my last reply but i got to thinking my sons hair color never changes. He has black hair and no matter how long hes in the sun its always the same color. lol humm something to ponder haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)