Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

giving up the cell for a house phone

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my husband lost his job and is now looking at a job that pays about 5 dollars less an hour. So I've decided to trade my cell in for a house phone. Hubby will keep his but it was becoming to much for me. I worried to much about it and became waaay dependent on it. I also found my emotion became dependent on how mant texts and calls I got. I just don't want the hassle anymore. I'll still have internet and email and facebook. Plus, it will force me, and friends, to actually call me lol. Oh and have you ever noticed how mad people get when you don't answer your cell? Last I checked, the phone was for our convenience, not the callers. I'm actually kind of happy about this

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I wouldn't get rid of my cell phone instead I would get a home phone with no perks its like 12 bucks a month with at&t and then get a cricket phone which cost a lost less than other phones with no contract.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pipers_mom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We got rid of our cell phones last August and got a house phone. It's cheaper...and I can ignore peoples calls and they think it's cuz I'm just not home lol.

LittleMomma13
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:52 PM

My husband will need cell for work but I just can't justify spending so much on phones I barely use anymore

Quoting pipers_mom:

We got rid of our cell phones last August and got a house phone. It's cheaper...and I can ignore peoples calls and they think it's cuz I'm just not home lol.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I don't even own a cell. Lived over 40 years without one, have yet to see a reason that I need one. I find them annoying to say the least.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I don't have a cell phone and I prefer it that way. It's less expense and I don't need one anyway.

LittleMomma13
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I didn't get one until I turned 18 and could afford one on my own. For a while I was homeless so it was important to have. but now I feel like its an inconvenience. way to much stress

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

I don't even own a cell. Lived over 40 years without one, have yet to see a reason that I need one. I find them annoying to say the least.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I personally wouldn't ditch a cell for a house phone.  Maybe try to get a cheaper plan.  I like the convenience of a cell phone especially when i'm traveling alone.  Who knows when you may need it!

Melinda32
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Really the cost of my cell was $5 more then a house phone so I went with a cell. Enjoy the freedom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I would give up the landline and keep the cell. What about when you're out with the kids and someone needs to reach you or you need to reach them?

Quoting LittleMomma13:

My husband will need cell for work but I just can't justify spending so much on phones I barely use anymore

Quoting pipers_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)