Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he called me fat

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son has been gone for abt a week and a half with his grandmother and grandfather to go visit my husband's brother, wife and 3 daughters.  They all said he was great and enjoyed him.  I didn't think i'd have to deal with any behavior issues when he got back since my sister in law is pretty strict abt things (she looks at me and my husband like aliens for drinking in front of him--yes wine is apparently not setting a good model according to her) however now i have a problem. He asked for some crackers, i told him 'No wait for dinner" and he spouts off "you're fat!"...my son is 3.5. i told him "that isn't nice dont say that" and he looks me straight in my face and says "I want crackers!" i said "no" so even louder he says "you are FAT!!!"..off to time out his little butt went but now im fuming because i KNOW he got that mess from being around his cousins. calling names is not cool...i dislike hearing such mean things coming from my son and to think that those little girls are most likely picking on their middle sister and calling her that makes me very sad. so I'm handling it on this end but do you think i should call and let my SIL know that my son came back throwing fat around as an insult or just not bother? part of me feels like i should say something to her so she can talk to her daughters abt why saying that is not OK but the other part of me thinks it may sound petty to her (even though she is uber strict on so many other things).

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Reina13
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I think that if he doesnt see them very often, I would just let it go and not contact them. If you see them often, then yes, I would have a conversation with them.

But definitely a little bit of damage control is needed with your son on your end. Nip it in the bud quickly and Im sure he will drop that behavior before it becomes a bad habit.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

mes_deux_amours
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Idk

I'd probably just handle it at home and not mention it to my sil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)