Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't work

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 31 Replies
Do you still put your kids in daycare?

For some reason when I went to work last night, everyone was asking me if I had my daughter (3.5) in daycare now..
(I work nights at a bar, last night was my first shift back since my son was born)
I just thought it was the weirdest question , I'm home why would she be in daycare?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM
No...i couldn't afford it if i were working, how wouldd i pay tuition now? Ds is in pre school though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
No but I had my son in preschool (4 hours a day 4x a week).

But I've recently pulled him out for the same reasons why I wouldn't work and put him in daycare. He's been hit by a student and they refuse to do stuff about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I would understand if they were asking about preschool that wouldn't strike me as weird. We aren't doing preschool either though

Quoting shadow_lark:

No...i couldn't afford it if i were working, how wouldd i pay tuition now? Ds is in pre school though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrw
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM
My son is in kindergarten and goes to an after school program Mon-fri. I was working full time but was let go on April 6th due to missing work bc of medical reasons. We are keeping him in the after school program, which we pay $55 a week for. I will likely be working again come June or July and we want to make sure that he has a guaranteed spot when the school year starts in the fall. When school is out I will keep him home with me till I start working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM

When my son was little and I was working. No, he never went to daycare. My SO and I worked alternating shifts and days so that one of us was with him until he was old enough to go to school. I didn't become a SAHM until my son was 16, so we never used daycare.

Christine0813
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Maybe they were confusing daycare with preschool?

gum.drop
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Maybe they were asking if you put her in night care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

None of my kids have ever spent a single day in day care...that is WHY I'm a SAHM.

ColtsFan1912

Nope

Mommy2b2324
No they stay home with me. If i could afford it i would put them in part time for the socialization. My son is almost four and is always trying to play with other kids and begging to start school!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)