Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

By not bringing my 5 day old to the dr when requested...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM
  • 126 Replies
Really? She's at a 11.5% birthweight loss. I couldn't get a ride out today to go up and let them check her weight so they called me 4 times (waking dd and me twice). Then the nurse I called back said its illegal to not take her to an appointment at the intervals suggested. Wtf? What a load of sh*t! I carried her for 9 months and went through surgery to get her out and I'll do whatsoever I please as long as she's healthy. I weighed her today and she's regained enough to put her above 10% loss threshold.

Btw I didn't go today because we didn't have a car to borrow and ours is broken. I'm not taking a 6 day old on public transit to make them happy.

Ok vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToAyla743
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

BUMP!

LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL! no...no its not illegal...nice scare tactic though. and i wouldn't even take my 6 yr old on a bus! 

.betty.white.
by bilf on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM
15 moms liked this

Just bring her in.  Lawd, its whats best for the little baby.  Plus they can detect things that you can't with your lack of medical degree and experience.  That being said congrats on the baby..

MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

its not actually illigal but okay I dontquite know where she gets of threating you any ways. I would have asked her hey you going to come get me since you keep calling lol.I dotn have the temper for people who call over and over and over after you tell them why you cant be there.

peaches_04
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM
5 moms liked this
Id switch clinics thats crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaedog3

did you call to cancel the appt? why would they have called you 4times?

casah4

Are you on any kind of public assistance?  When I was, they would cut off the assistance if you didn't take your child in for their well-child visits. Maybe that's what she meant. If not, then, well, she's a meanie.

Cookie-kisses
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Did you cancel the appointment or a no show?

JLo1486
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM
8 moms liked this
I would have let her know that she was being reported for harrassment and that I'd be finding a new dr. I don't take kindly to scare tactics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It is not illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)