Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of making nsaty food HELP!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

I work a full schedule but I really want to try an make better food without all the preservatives and nasty crap. The only thing I can think of is buying potatoes instead of instant ones but after that I go blank

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
accidental.love
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM

anyone

isaiahbellamom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Stew with fresh veggies, chicken pot pies, spanish rice,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM
What kinds of ore packaged stuff do you use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
accidental.love
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Alot. I use prepackaged biucuits, instant potatoes, pasta roni, pre packages cookies, muffins. basically if it is quick and easy I use it

Quoting LCWAmommy:

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

buy sweet potatoes over regular potatoes is an even better start! 

baked is always better than fried lol...

(although I'm being a hypocrite here, because I just made homemade fries to go with dinner tonight out of regular potatoes lmao).

PM me things you like, for example, write up a list of what you've had for meals this past week, and I'll pm you some recipes that are healthier (yet still just as tasty) versions of those meals.

and I"ll make sure they are still quick and easy because I know how hectic a busy schedule can be :)

LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Ok well start small mashed potatoes are not hard to make at all just a little more work. Rice you can cook white or brown rice and season it your self. When I am lost for things to cook I google recipes. Also miffins and cookies are not hard I usually do them on the weekend it doesn't take much time an the kids like to help

Quoting accidental.love:

Alot. I use prepackaged biucuits, instant potatoes, pasta roni, pre packages cookies, muffins. basically if it is quick and easy I use it

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

invest in a crock pot and a george foreman grill. we use alot of that here... meats you can throw in in the am before you leave for work, marinate it and leave it. when you get done work, its ready and waiting. can get fresh veggies and steam them pretty quickly. buy fresh rolls on your way home and dinner is done. as for the grill, just take the meat out of the freezer the night before and stick it in the fridge. can marinate it if you want and stick it in a baggy in the fridge. most things take less than 15 minutes on the foreman grill. 

accidental.love
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I can't eat sweet potatoes they make me sick. I don't do fried but I will make a list am PM you

Quoting jessi2girls:

buy sweet potatoes over regular potatoes is an even better start! 

baked is always better than fried lol...

(although I'm being a hypocrite here, because I just made homemade fries to go with dinner tonight out of regular potatoes lmao).

PM me things you like, for example, write up a list of what you've had for meals this past week, and I'll pm you some recipes that are healthier (yet still just as tasty) versions of those meals.

and I"ll make sure they are still quick and easy because I know how hectic a busy schedule can be :)

accidental.love
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I have a crock pot I just forget to use it lol

Quoting RyansMommie07:

invest in a crock pot and a george foreman grill. we use alot of that here... meats you can throw in in the am before you leave for work, marinate it and leave it. when you get done work, its ready and waiting. can get fresh veggies and steam them pretty quickly. buy fresh rolls on your way home and dinner is done. as for the grill, just take the meat out of the freezer the night before and stick it in the fridge. can marinate it if you want and stick it in a baggy in the fridge. most things take less than 15 minutes on the foreman grill. 

mommyakabooby
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I make easy peasy bbq chicken, that's easy as prepacked. I just put frozen chicken breast in a baking pan, and pour bbq sauce over it. My family loves it. Serve it with mashed sweet potatoes, and a salad and you got a delicious homecooked meal!
I am all about easy, fast and delicious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)