Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were in our situation WWYD?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 54 Replies
Dhs stepbrother and his wife have 2 kids, a 16 year old son, Mikey and a 13 year old daughter, Ryan. The parents got a divorce a lil more than a year ago and the kids got separated. The wife died of suicide and the kids got put back together with their dad. Well Tuesday night, the dad died of a heart attack. The kids right now have no parents and the only relatives they have is dh and me. We are debating whether to adopt the kids or not. I am due in June with our 2nd baby and im not really sure if having Mikey and Ryan would help us or make things worse. Dh was never close with his stepbrother and we never seen the kids since 2006 probably. Both kids have ADHD which is fine with dh and me because we are both special ed teachers so we know how to deal with it. WWYD? Would you adopt the kids or not.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I would adopt them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan262
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yes, I would.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

If there wasn't any other family yes...But maybe someone on the other side will want them...I know my stepbrother's have other family that would take their kids. Good Luck..

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
3 moms liked this

No question in my mind, family is family and I would not be able to live with myself if I abandoned them when we were the only people they had.

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
If you can mentally and physically handle it, then yes. Poor boys.
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Adoption is a really big step. Could u just b their guardians and raise them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosesandlilys
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I would in a heartbeat. Poor kids : (

BiTcHy_MaMa
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
If there wasnt any other family i would take them they have beem throigh so much already. Maybe you will be what they need now, family and a place to call home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal

In a heartbeat. My sisters and I are the legal guardians of each others children if any of us die. 

This is about what the children can do for you ("not sure if having them would help us...") These children need a family who can love them and take care of them. I understand those feelings will have to form on their own as you sound like you have almost no relationship with them, but they're still family. 

kellimom28

every child needs to be loved and be with a family. I would adopt them deff !!! we have 6 children between the 2 of us and 4 years ago  we started over, with my husbands youngest being 13 at the time. Believe me, haveing the teenagers is a great help. Good luck and go with your heart

group hug 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)