Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat people would u do this? Help

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 80 Replies
My cat seems to like to poop and pee on the bed and clothes. I have tried moving the liter box, took her to the vet and they say nothing is medically wrong, adding a liter box , tried like 10 different types of liters, sprayed citrus stuff on the bed, etc. I am at wits end. So my last effort before she goes outside (she is declawed) is buying clothes from the thrift store and putting them in the liter box for her to pee on and changing they 2-3 times a day. Do u think this would work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Hm. Idk. I wouldn't put a declawed cat outside, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
1 mom liked this

I think that would smell pretty bad and just encourage the bad behavior. Have you tried plugging in one of those pheromone plug-ins like Feliway?

HistoryNutty
Maybe the cat is just unhappy? They love keeping their schedules, has there been a recent sudden change?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
No, that would be nasty!!

Take her back to the vet again. Something is causing the behavior. Have you had major changes lately? New litter box? Have you recently moved the litterbox to a new area? Something is stressing her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM
She has been doing this since I got her in nov.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Maybe the cat is just unhappy? They love keeping their schedules, has there been a recent sudden change?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM
She has been doing this since nov when I got her :( she has been to the vet 3 different times

Quoting mitty18:

No, that would be nasty!!

Take her back to the vet again. Something is causing the behavior. Have you had major changes lately? New litter box? Have you recently moved the litterbox to a new area? Something is stressing her out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I have just blocked her out of rooms and she finds somewhere new.

Quoting casah4:

I think that would smell pretty bad and just encourage the bad behavior. Have you tried plugging in one of those pheromone plug-ins like Feliway?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Mine is declawed and she always sneaks outside in the summer. Do you have any other cats or is this the only one?

Quoting metalhealthmom:

Hm. Idk. I wouldn't put a declawed cat outside, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deldirra
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Is she fixed? I've seen female cats get territorial and spray like a male cat. She may be smelling another animal and trying to stake her dominance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)