Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need soft food ideas..... I got one of my wisdom teeth pulled and a partial root canal on the other side of my mouth

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

Its been 9 years since I been to the dentist. So my husband has dental insurance and we have another month left. We are going to pay Cobra because the dental is awesome. Tuesday I went to the dentist and had my left upper wisdom tooth pulled and a partial root canal. The dentist cleaned out my tooth and the cavity was so bad that he drilled close to the bone. I have cement in my tooth until my tooth gets done on Tuesday. I go Wednesday for my crown and full mouth check up. I know for a fact another tooth needs a root canal Im not sure on the rest. Another wisdom tooth has skin covering half of it and the other part is out but Im not sure what he wants to do with that tooth. That wisdom tooth doesnt bother me.

I need recipes for soft and tastey foods. I ate way to much mashed potatoes that the thought of them make me sick.  I cant eat anything hard for a while.   Please help me. Im waiting for dh to come home so I can go and buy more food.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Egg whites, scrambled
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Jello, smoothies, yogurt, soup, applesauce, risotto, oatmeal, avocado

Just don't use a straw.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Do you like cream soups?  I think a rice type casserole would be a change of pace from mashed taters.  Overcooked noodles w/ your choice of sauce would be good as well. Applesauce, pudding for sweet items.

jenea2
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Why'd you wait so long to go to a dentist?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Quoting alwayskk:

Jello, smoothies, yogurt, soup, applesauce, risotto, oatmeal, avocado

Just don't use a straw.

This.

And stay away from soda. I effed up my root canal royally due to my addiction to caffiene and had to have emergency surgery. It was by far THE worst pain. 3 percocets at once didn't even touch it.

wiener
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled tommorow am and a cavity filled too yay me right, lol.. so far I have apple sauce, oatmeal,scrambled eggs cream of wheat, oat meal, tomato soup, lots of yogurt and ice cream on my menu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allinorder
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Quoting jenea2:

Why'd you wait so long to go to a dentist?

Last time I went I had good dental insurance. Then I  worked for places that didnt offer it. Then in 2008 I made a appointment and found out I was pregnant the day before. My husband hasnt had dental since 2009.

littlelimom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
There's this dish DH family makes, it's porridge but minus the oats. Instead you cook rice until it becomes super soft, mix in steamed mushed carrots, and a little bit of chicken broth. They will sometimes add chicken or lamb. It doesn't taste all the bad.
Ensures are good too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)