Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Am i over reacting? Edit

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 52 Replies
My son is 6 in kindergarden. Today was his friends 8th birthday his parent wanted to take them bowling. It was from 6-8pm. I didnt want him to go but i did. Hes been having a hard time ajusting to the new baby and my daughter being gifted. So we are giving him more attention. Anyways at 8:10 im calling the kids parents no answer i called 3 times no answer.9:00 comes im driving to the bowling ailey pissed wtf are you not answering my phone calls. You have mu 6yo old out past the time you said. Curtsey says to at least call around 8. They live directly across the street we just became friends in march. I let my son ride with them because my daughter had practice. He got home around 9:15. I had to turn around and come home because i was on my way up there. NOw i dont trust the parents any more. Am i over reacting? Edit: the boys mom said my son should be home at 8. I ment to say he would br gone from 6-8 not the party was from 6-8
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alreadydidthis
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deldirra
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
No. Your kid your rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jac77
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM
No. What reason did they give for being late?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

That would upset me as well since it is a school night.  Did they stop somewhere afterwards or have to help clean up?

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM
No way did they say why they didn't call you to let you know they'd be late??? Or why they didn't answer??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Tbh if they are running the party i would have expected them home a little late. They would have to make sure all the kids weer picked up first and clean and pack up everything from the party. On top of that it may have been too loud to hear the phone. I would talk to them about and yea you might be overreacting a tad.

Monadnockmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

No. You trusted your child with them and they should have been responsible enough to call you if they were going to be late.  It's not like your son is 16 and could contact you himself, he's only 6.

crissydancer05
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
No way. I would be pissed to and want a reasonable explanation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I undertand why you are upset, but I'd just talk with them calmly and find out why. Most likely they could not hear the phone and had to do clean up after the party and wait for parents that didn't arrive on time etc. Yes, the should have called, but there is  most likely a plausible explanation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)