Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cake/cupcake Mommas

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am doing my lil sis's wedding cake/cupcakes. Haven't decided which yet (she hasn't). Anyway, it's for 200, what should I do with them until the date?? I don't want to freeze them and they get stale, but obviously I can't make that many in a day or two. I'm not in the wedding, so I don't have a ton of commitments to attend to that week. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoebe81
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I honestly don't know if this works or not, but I've heard that if you put a piece of bread in the container with the cupcakes, it will keep them moist and fresh. I've never tried it though. :(

JessicaEOH
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you'd be able to bake/decorate them in 3 or 4 days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

But I think by day 4 they would definately not be fresh or very moist. 

Quoting JessicaEOH:

raegan1221
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Honestly I'd do it the day before. I am making my friends wedding cake, and make cake balls and truffles. The cake balls I'll be starting this weekend because they can store in the freezer for up to 1 month. The truffles I'll do 2 days before and I took off work the day before the wedding to spend the entire day baking the cake. Wedding is May 5. Unfortunately it is a lot of work adn I would honestly do it the day or two before so that they're fresh.

JessicaEOH
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM
They'll be fine...keep them in a tight container...decorate the friday before...

Quoting tennisgal:

But I think by day 4 they would definately not be fresh or very moist. 

Quoting JessicaEOH:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quoting raegan1221:

Honestly I'd do it the day before. I am making my friends wedding cake, and make cake balls and truffles. The cake balls I'll be starting this weekend because they can store in the freezer for up to 1 month. The truffles I'll do 2 days before and I took off work the day before the wedding to spend the entire day baking the cake. Wedding is May 5. Unfortunately it is a lot of work adn I would honestly do it the day or two before so that they're fresh.

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Isn't there some magic box that will keep them right-from-the-oven fresh for a week for me?? lol. 

Rubygl00m
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM
For cupcakes, make the decorations ahead of time and you should be able to bake and put together 200 cupcakes in a day. I have baked cakes 4 days ahead of when they will be eaten and they were still fresh. You can also freeze cakes and they will stay fresh.
raegan1221
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

haha..I wish:(. That's why I took off work that day. Lol. But I wouldn't give up trying...you might google and see if there are ways to keep cupcakes fresh. I just have never heard of any. I feel for ya...that's why I am starting now on what I can. I do baking on the side and I baked for a customer last Christmas who ordered 40 doz cake balls that I had to do umm in two days and cake balls period are a two day process...add 40 doz and holy crap. Thank goodness for my boyfriend. But you might try even what a pp said about the bread...what I'd do is if you find some methods that might work..if the wedding isn't right around the corner..whip up a small batch and do whatever might keep them fresh just to test them out ya know.

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting raegan1221:

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Isn't there some magic box that will keep them right-from-the-oven fresh for a week for me?? lol. 

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
tennisgal
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I know. I keep putting off doing my mock cake/cupcakes (just to make sure she likes it), but I need to. I have difficulty executing what I think in my brain when it comes to decorating. 

Quoting raegan1221:

haha..I wish:(. That's why I took off work that day. Lol. But I wouldn't give up trying...you might google and see if there are ways to keep cupcakes fresh. I just have never heard of any. I feel for ya...that's why I am starting now on what I can. I do baking on the side and I baked for a customer last Christmas who ordered 40 doz cake balls that I had to do umm in two days and cake balls period are a two day process...add 40 doz and holy crap. Thank goodness for my boyfriend. But you might try even what a pp said about the bread...what I'd do is if you find some methods that might work..if the wedding isn't right around the corner..whip up a small batch and do whatever might keep them fresh just to test them out ya know.

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting raegan1221:

raegan1221
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Lol..you can do it.:) You should post pics when you do. I am interested to see what they'll look like if you do cup cakes! I haven't seen cup cakes for a wedding yet.

Quoting tennisgal:

I know. I keep putting off doing my mock cake/cupcakes (just to make sure she likes it), but I need to. I have difficulty executing what I think in my brain when it comes to decorating. 

Quoting raegan1221:

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting raegan1221:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)