Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking ur kids out of the country?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Df gets a month vacation next year. We are thinking of taking a trip over to Africa and Egypt both during this time. I want to take ds and little bro. Mil wants to keep them saying "they steal kids over there, esp white ones". I want them to be safe obviously so am trying to figure out of it would be a good idea or bad. Btw ds is going to be 3 and lb will be 13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
alwayskk
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

In Africa and Eqypt, kidnapping wouldn't be my primary concern. However, it also depends on which parts of those countries you are going to.

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Egypt may not be a good idea, but there are parts that's are completely fine
ETHANMASONMOMMY
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
They kidnap kids over here in the US as well. So my point is go and enjoy your vaca but keep a close eye on them like u do everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I plan on staying in the more tourist areas. I just want them to be safe period, kidnapping or other

Quoting alwayskk:

In Africa and Eqypt, kidnapping wouldn't be my primary concern. However, it also depends on which parts of those countries you are going to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

What??? That is such a weird comment. I have taken my kids out of the country. Especially since several were born out of the US. I never had a problem. I just kept an eye on them of course. 

cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I know I tried to bring this up but then I got worrying what if she is right

Quoting ETHANMASONMOMMY:

They kidnap kids over here in the US as well. So my point is go and enjoy your vaca but keep a close eye on them like u do everyday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I wouldn'thave my children miss out on something like that

cdi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I thought so too but it did get me to thinking. It probably did not help we were watching lifetime earlier together too lol

Quoting black.eyeliner:

What??? That is such a weird comment. I have taken my kids out of the country. Especially since several were born out of the US. I never had a problem. I just kept an eye on them of course. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Just think about all the once in a million cases that happen all the time in this country. It happens everywhere. You get select cases. They get blown out of proportion.  

Quoting cdi:

I thought so too but it did get me to thinking. It probably did not help we were watching lifetime earlier together too lol

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)