Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh what a night.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

It all started with picking my daughter up from after school care and taking her and my son to his special olympics track practice.  That went pretty good. 

Then I had to run him home and grab her shinguards for her soccer practice. On the way home my husband calls. And says just meet us at the hospital ds has cut his hand.  Not the call you want to get. So I meet them there.  DS has autism and has suddenly wanted to be more independant. Which is awesome. Well he decided to peel an orange with a filet knife. I was not home at the time so I don't know what for sure happened.  But he ended up cutting his thumb from just at his thumbnail about and inch down the thumb. And deep.

Luckily the ER said stitches would not work in the spot very well. They had the bleeding stopped and the cut was laying the way it should to heal right. So they bandaged it up and sent us home.  He has a big bandage around his thumb and then it wraps around his hand and wrist. Hopefully so he will leave it on at least a day.  

As we were leaving the ER, ds says "now i can punch bad guys harder" LOL

I am ready for bed.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kiowaqueen
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
:) bahahahaa he's ALL boy thats for sure lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh for sure! He went from anti social and in a bubble to "I can do this!" He wants no help at all.  He wants to do it. I can't fault him for that. At least I know he's progressing even if it means more blood. LOL

Quoting kiowaqueen:

:) bahahahaa he's ALL boy thats for sure lol

LovingSAHMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Awww. Sorry you had a rough night. My thumbs are hurting now, after reading that, lol. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :)

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

OMG after seeing the cut it made my thumbs hurt. He definitely did not half ass it.

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

Awww. Sorry you had a rough night. My thumbs are hurting now, after reading that, lol. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :)

JustShawna
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM

((hugs)) mama! It sounds like he took it very well (which IS unusual for an autistic child! - at least some that I work with wouldn't have taken it that well!) I hope it heals soon and with no problems. ;)

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I was waiting for him to meltdown at the ER.  He was remarkably brave.  He has come along way in the 8 years since he was diagnosed.

Quoting JustShawna:

((hugs)) mama! It sounds like he took it very well (which IS unusual for an autistic child! - at least some that I work with wouldn't have taken it that well!) I hope it heals soon and with no problems. ;)

JustShawna
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM

That's really awesome! I hope he continues to make improvements!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)