Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My pit bull post

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 103 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a pit bull?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, because there is always something

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 160

View Results

Ok, I am not going to engage in the "Great Pit Bull Debate" here. I have just noticed that when I open a post that involves these dogs, it seems like so, so many women on here own them. IRL, very few people I know own these dogs. So my perception of it is that a higher percentage of women on CM have pit bulls than the percentage of people who have them in my area. So please answer my poll. Do you own a pitbull? Then if you want to engage in the "Great Pitbull Debate" in the replies, feel free. I'm staying out of it other than to say we do not have one, and we will not have one. I do not want a dog that big, no matter the breed. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

No  I don't. But I have nothing against them either. I am just a Lab person.

Orionsgirl
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

We owned 3 while I was growing up. Right now I don't own any dogs but we are fostering an Olde English Bulldog, picked him up from the pound yesterday. That's him on the ride home.

alwayskk
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I voted other just to be difficult. LOL JK- we had one for a very short period of time and rehomed it for very good reasons.

IRL, I know so, so many people who have pit bulls.

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I used to have one.
She was so sweet they stole her ):
I want another one but we have to wait till Sergio is old enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I have pit we've had him she he was 6 weeks old, we had him before we even concived our oldest.

He is a year old than my oldest and he is my other child. he has a very close conection with both our children.

Needlesmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I said other because our dog's paperwork from the pound says Red Healer/cross and never mentions a pit bull bloodline, but she looks like one. and she is the BIGGEST baby ever! she is afraid of our DD and is just now learning that the baby will pet her which she likes so much that when the baby stops she leans into her for her to keep doing it and knocks her over lol

Needlesmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

This was about 7months ago and our DD is grabbing a hunk of our dog's fur, dog's name is chloe she is a sweetie

megan71108
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I don't but I would in a heart beat. I absolutely adore pits. My best friend has one. He's about twice the size of my es but is the biggest baby ever and ds lovesss him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

We have two pugs, but my brother had a pit that DD absolutely loved.. This is them a few years ago before the poor dog passed away..

Its.me.Sam.
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this

mine is a pit mix.
border collie/pit/lab - and maybe some pointer.  

i have rescued and fostered many many dogs and worked with many many dogs and i have yet to encounter a human aggressive pit bull. i have many friends with full pits and they are wonderful dogs - no different from any other breed in that they are all different personalities and that personality is wholly dependent on the owner.  in fact - i think they are exceptional as a breed - very loving, eager to please, goofy, athletic, easy to train, and great with families (hence being known as the nanny dog until people exploited them and ruined their reputation).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)