How the heck do people even compair the two?!
Ear Piercing and circumcision. Please, how are the two even comparable in any stretch of the word????
Lets look at this rationally.
Effects of Circumcision
- 50 to 80% of the total penile skin system, radically
immobilizing the remaining shaft skin. If unfolded and spread
out flat, the average adult foreskin measures 15 to 20 square
inches, about the size of a postcard.
- Most of the erogenous nerve tissue on the penis.
The foreskin contains between 10,000 and 20,000 specialized
erotogenic nerve endings of various types, which can discern
slight motion, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations
in texture. The amputation of this highly-innervated tissue
reduces the sensitivity of the penis to that of ordinary skin.
- The densely innervated Ridged Bands, a specialized,
extremely erogenous section of the prepuce located at the
juncture of the outer foreskin and inner mucosal tissue.
- Approximately half of the smooth muscle sheath called
the Dartos fascia.
- Thousands of coiled, fine-touch receptor cells, including
- An estimated 240 feet of microscopic nerves, including
branches of the dorsal nerve.
- Several feet of blood vessels, including the frenular
artery and portions of the dorsal artery, the loss of which
interrupts normal blood flow to the shaft and glans of the penis,
severely damaging its natural function.
- Lymphatic vessels, the loss of which interrupts the
lymph flow within the body's immune system.
- The entire immunological defense system of the soft mucosa
which produces antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as
lysozyme, the same as found in mother's milk, and plasma cells
which secrete immunoglobulin antibodies.
- Ectopic sebaceous glands, which lubricate, moisturize,
and regulate a healthy pH balance, thereby maintaining the
erotogenic sensitivity of the glans.
- The apocrine glands, which produce pheromones, nature's
powerful, silent, invisible sexual signals/stimulants.
- Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, an immune
- Estrogen receptors - the purpose and value of which
are not yet fully understood.
- The connective synechiae, which fuses the foreskin to
the glans while the penis develops during infancy. It is
destroyed when the foreskin is torn from the glans during
the circumcision operation.
- The frenulum, the sensitive 'V'-shaped tethering structure
at the base of the glans on the underside of the penis, is also
usually amputated, severed, or destroyed.
- The protective covering of the glans, which is actually
an internal organ. The foreskin shields the glans from
abrasion, drying, and callusing, and protects the glans
from dirt and other contaminants.
- Loss of sexual sensitivity in the glans. The glans of an
intact penis is normally a soft, moist, delicate organ, similar
in texture to the smooth skin lining the inside of the lips of
your mouth. When the foreskin is amputated it no longer provides
protection to the glans against abrasion, or even exposure to
the air. This causes the glans to dry out - imagine what would
happen to your eyeballs if your eyelids were removed. It also
causes the skin on the glans to thicken and harden as a protection
against abrasion. This 'callousing' effect - known as
keratinization - causes any remaining nerves on the glans to
become buried under many layers of skin cells, severly reducing
the sensitivity of the glans to external stimulation - such as
a soft touch. The sensitivity continues to decrease over time,
until eventually all sensitivity is lost.
- 10% to 20% of the penis's circumference, because its
double-layered wrapping of loose foreskin is now missing,
making the circumcised penis thinner.
- As much as one inch of the erect penis's length due to
scarring, and shrinkage from loss of the mobile,
- The gliding action of the penis within its foreskin.
The foreskin's abundance (15-20 sq.in.) of specialized,
self-lubricating skin gives the natural penis its anatomically
unique ability to smoothly slide back and forth within itself,
thereby permitting non-abrasive intercourse, without drying
out the vagina.
- The deep pink to red to dark purple natural coloration
of the glans.
- There is considerable evidence that a circumcised penis loses its capacity for subtle electromagnetic communication that occurs only during contact between mucous membranes, an interaction which contributes to the sense of the healing power of sexual ecstasy. In other words, circumcision forever diminishes the intensity of both the male and female orgasm and its physical, psychological, and spiritual benefits.
- Many babies die as a result of circumcision, a fact the circumcision industry obscures and conceals.
Effects of Ear Piercing
Baby is left with small hole in their intact ear lobe. A hole which will grow over and be indistinguishable as an adult.
Death by ear peircing? - I couldn't find any cases
Maimed by ear piercing? - Maybe... I couldn't find any stats
Really, can we just stop comparing the two.. for or against circumcision.. the two are just not at all the same thing!