Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm tired of people saying things about the way I parent! (VENT)

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 35 Replies

My husband was talking to his boss the other day about how our son likes to watch TV in the mornings and how since he's been having trouble sleeping we've been letting him watch 5-10 minutes of TV before putting him back down. His boss rudely said that I should be reading him books instead of letting him watch TV. Thankfully I wasn't there other wise I would've given him an ear full. I DO read to my son and he's not sucked into the TV or anything. In the morning he watches nick jr which are kid friendly cartoons, although in the afternoon he'll sometimes watch Phineas and Ferb with me lol, he watches maybe an hour of TV through out the day, no not in one sitting. I try to teach him his body parts, he's more obsessed with his belly and toes then anything else, some ABCs and what things are and stuff. I read to him as often as he'll sit still but he's always been one to go go go. He doesn't say very many words but he knows how to communicate with you for what he wants. I admit I don't get on the floor and play with him very often or anything but that's not because i don't like to play with him or anything it's because he's not interested in anything like that. He likes it when you play "hide and go seek", which usually is just letting him see you run to one part of the house and yelling BOO at him which he thinks is hilarious. I talk to him, play with him and read to him. Just because my kid can't say someones name and has a limited vocabulary doesn't mean I don't work with him, believe me I try. My kid watching TV has nothing to do, in my opinion, with his lack of vocabulary. He's a rambunctious little boy who would rather run around and play then sit still and read a darn book. Even as a baby he would get fidgety and roll around to get off my lap. He's getting better a better attention span as he gets older. But seriously I am tired of people associating his lack of talking as me not spending time with him. I'm alone with this kid ALL day...of COURSE I talk to him lol I don't know if it's the age gap between his boss and his wife with me and my husband (he's 29 and she's 27 and I'm 20 and my husband is 24) but they seem to always have something to say.

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM
People like that are annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amysezsmile
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

and if you let him watch zero tv, got on the floor to play cars or something and fed him an all organic vegan diet you would still be judged. sigh. why can't people just keep their damn mouths shut?  sorry that your hubby's boss is an idiot with foot-in-the-mouth syndrome.

LovingSAHMommy
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You know what I tell people? I tell them the truth, which is - "I have an extremely happy, healthy child. I'm obviously making decent decisions, so mind your own damn business."

Fortunately, I haven't had to tell many people this, as most things I do aren't very controversial. Not to mention, anyone that knows me is aware that I have zero problem putting someone in their place, lol. My point is...if your child is happy and healthy, ignore what other people say. No parent is perfect, even (and sometimes especially) the ones that point fingers and preach at other parents.

momof4boyz1girl
by Angie on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry about people like that. Those types of people usually don't know jack shit....they just think they do.

teenmomandpr587
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM

i realized it doesnt matter what you say or do they are always gonna have a problem. 

MyahsMom
by Heather on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM
There isn't a parent out there that doesn't deal with this. Everyone has advice or an opinion they want to give you. You just have to let go in one ear and out the other or you'll make yourself crazy. It will never stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Have you had him assessed for his language delays?
jj_bmom
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting amysezsmile:

and if you let him watch zero tv, got on the floor to play cars or something and fed him an all organic vegan diet you would still be judged. sigh. why can't people just keep their damn mouths shut?  sorry that your hubby's boss is an idiot with foot-in-the-mouth syndrome.

Oh who knows what they'd say if they found out I let him share my apple jacks with me lol.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
And what exactly does HIS wife do all day?

*rolls eyes*

I bet he'll be surprised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj_bmom
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Have you had him assessed for his language delays?

His doctor said it's fine since he does say some words. He jibber jabbers but doesn't say alot of actual WORDS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)